Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chapter House Studios have out done themselves (if one excludes the awesome Tau-esque walker they did) by creating possibly one of their most helpful conversion kits to date.

its a set of guns with interchangeable auxiliary guns attached, just perfect for converting Sternguard Vets so that you can pick and choose what weapons to arm them with before a game. be sure to check them out here.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
From a modelling point of view they look a little ugly, but i imagine they'd be awesome for people who like to tailor their lists & try out different combinations.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Personally I think this is a brilliant idea. When I have to change my army list occasionally, kit bashing combi weapons from other kits or making one yourself because it doesnt exist as a model to be quite irritating.

I personally am going to invest in some of these :)
Great find +Rep for you good sir!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I personally don't like them. I don't think they look anything like the weapons they are supposed to represent, which is a shame, because Ive seen the work Pyriel, their sculptor, is capable of and it's a hundred times better than this.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
That, officially, looks like shit. Lol Fantastic concept poorly executed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
its not so hard to do your self, i have a pile of small magnets here which im attaching at the moment to some metal troopers.
There tiny little things with enough strength to hold the weapons on but not to over powered.

·
Registered
104 Posts
:ireful2:OK,

How can you guys say they look like crap without any explanations? I have held them in my hand and the detail is great (small rivets, holes on the melta barrel, coils on the plasma guns). Not to mention the cool magazine on the Bolter itself that many just want to buy the bolter alone.

You guys didnt honestly expect to have direct copies of GWs weapons did you? That is called IP infringement.

Honestly, it is a bit irritating that you guys call shit on something you have not even touched, and base it off of a UNPAINTED METAL picture. Not to mention even say why you think they look bad, its just blind commentary.

If you all know anything about miniature photos, you know that metal pictures show all the variations of the metal itself and dont give much credit to detail

Next time I will just wait until the things are painted before showing them off, I guess its not worth putting them in customers hands when they are so critically and dissected for every flaw in the photo.

These were not sculpted, they were designed with Engineering software and then cast in brass masters. We would not be able to form fit them together if we used sculpting to do so.

(this forum is very harsh for some reason, relize that this is all someones time and effort, especially when no other company is trying to do the same affordably for the hobbyist).

Nick
Chapterhousestudios.com

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
(this forum is very harsh for some reason, relize that this is all someones time and effort, especially when no other company is trying to do the same affordably for the hobbyist).
Every single poster commended you on a good idea, a few of us also said we don't like the look of them. Personally i think you have a fantastic product range on your site, but aesthetically i really am not keen on it. (admittedly i'm quite partial to 1 of the dragon thunder hammers)

I fail to see why you expect us to restrict our opinions on an independant board, and why you are annoyed that we have failed to give you detailed criticism. If you are interested though, i'm sure people would be glad to give it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Varakir,

It is sort of rediculous to tear down someones work without explaining why?

I could look at someones paint job and say it looks like my cat mawed it, or it looks shitty. That has no constructive help at all and just comes off rude and harshly.

I do not think it is too much to ask for an explanation if someone decides to say such things.

I do not think it is fair to judge a product on a unpainted cast as well.

Nick

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
this forum is harsh?, you post stuff like this on warseer and they ban you, kill your parents, sexually molest your pets and sell any siblings into sex slavery and worse keep the profits.

what people have said is true, its criticism because they do look shit in those pictures, to me they looked like metal oblongs with different oblongs stuck on top, and praise on a good idea, which it is, you gotta take the good with the bad, and keep going till its good with the good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts