Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I find the idea of Maelstrom better than Eternal War in that regard as it makes minimum units of Jetbikes or other objective-stealer units less powerful. However, I still don't like the randomness of Maelstrom - while objectives are always likely to be in the midfield, due to how they're placed in 7th, you very often end up with one side drawing Secure Objective X cards where they already control X while the other player draws Domination and an unachievable card (Recon, Demolitions, Scour the Skies, Destroy the Daemon and Big Game Hunter are the usual suspects) or Secure Objective X which they have no real hope of getting to.

The best Objective-based game type I saw was at Leviathon, where the objectives gave a point per turn to the unit controlling them. For example, a unit on one objective for six turns got six Victory Points, while a unit that's only on an objective at the end of the game would get a measly one Victory Point.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.