‘eavy Armour
Trukk

FAST ATTACK
6 Warbikers
Boss Nob
Bosspole
Power Klaw

4 Warbuggies

Had a fair amount of success with the multiple threats of the bikers, Trukk of Boyz (though I usually throw this on an objective or use it to tarpit), Nobz in a trukk (with Warboss and Painboy), and the Battlewagon full of Boyz pushing up the table early then using a turn 2 wargh.

I might try running the warbuggies separately it give them more versitility (probably 2 units of 2)

Any suggestions from anyone out there? (Not trying to be tournament level by any means but reasonably competitive would be good)

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
The list itself doesn't seem too, "max maxy" but a decent paint job and some conversions can certainly make that happen. Certainly seems to be a decent list, though would personally swap out the nobs for mega nobs, as to the fact that the boss won't be able run and neither can the nobs.

As to the warbuggies depending on what your doing either option can be viable, the 4 man squad has effective less survivability if a army has a large unit like missile broadsides who can pump out the strenght 7 but you can also effectively juggle wounds if your good. But also has a large lot of shots they can arm at.

Thats all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the Mad Max part is mainly the converted vehicles and Nobz.

Would you drop the Nobz Squad size to get the points for the Mega Armour then?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Yeah basically match for points what you have and it would be a decent size nobs squad if my guess is right you should have 3 and a half meganobs out of that.

In personal opinon meganobs are a better choice in almost every way, basically only advantages are if you need something that cranks out attack and can fit in a truck. Naked nobs or even with just 'Eavy armor are great for the amount of attacks they deal without to much space taken up in a transport. But mega nobs are basically the same but can take hits and kill almost anything.

Really is personally preference, i also always liked running skorcha nobs as an alternative basically just as a delivery method for a beat stick boss.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I know a guy with a Mad Max theme going on with his Orks. They're beautiful!! Here's a snap from one of our games of them advancing (seriously his army is glorious):

....uh...nothing to say about the list though. Looks like it'd be fun to face :eek:k:

·
Registered
564 Posts
something to think about. trukks aren't much chop except for getting boyz across the table quickly and they are pretty much easy to take down. so seeing a unit of nobz in a trukk would be easy pickings and then they would be foot slogging it across the table.

an idea what you could do though would be to split the boyz in the battlewagon down to 2 units and take them in trukks and put your nobz, painboy and warboss in the wagon to give them protection for the trip across the board. you would just need to find the points for trukk and a kitted nob alternatively you could just go to one trukk and with the other points from the 8 orkz put some more nobz with the squad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts