1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
I ordered it immediately. I sincerely hope I get it in less than ten weeks (the advertised latest for printing and delivery)... since I will have left Korea by then. God, I hope the US military postal system doesn't screw up forwarding this book!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Looks like a wonderful addition to my bookshelf.

But £75 when I'm struggling to keep the car running to get me to work.....? No. :(

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
This book is definitely worth the asking price. The artwork is absolutely gorgeous and it is an fantastic read.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Ahhh shit. While I balked at the $350 AUS Heresy art book a month ago and let it go, $175 is probably my upper limit... So I'll probably get it. Damn. Heresy collections are about as expensive as cocaine.

I'm sure all you UK and USA plebs get it way cheaper anyway so no complaining about the price unless your Australian ;)

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
What about the normal edition? When can we order it?
At the end of the promotional video on the book's page in the Black Library website, it states that this will be "strictly limited edition".

EDIT: the artwork featured in the promotional video blew me away.

·
Registered
174 Posts
At the end of the promotional video on the book's page in the Black Library website, it states that this will be "strictly limited edition".

EDIT: the artwork featured in the promotional video blew me away.
They have said on their facebook page that it will come out in a standard release in 2 years.

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
Ha! So much for "strictly limited," then! :wink:

EDIT: don't get me wrong, I'm glad it will be available in a standard format as well. It looks too good to be restricted to a financially select audience!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I'm very surprised by how they drew Kor Phaeron. I expected him to look much older with a lengthy white beard. I'm almost certain that's how he was described as in previous novels.

In any case, I don't know how other Astartes viewed him as a 'fake' one seeing as how he looks just like them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm very surprised by how they drew Kor Phaeron. I expected him to look much older with a lengthy white beard. I'm almost certain that's how he was described as in previous novels.

In any case, I don't know how other Astartes viewed him as a 'fake' one seeing as how he looks just like them.
I thought it was because they know he not true Astartes that he has no geneseed and his post human set upwas done by other means gene forging and tech

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Has anyone already received their copy and read it? Reviews?
It was an absolutely fantastic read. Felt like watching a movie, and a damned good one at that. The artwork in this one blows everything else out of the water, its like having a Horus Heresy novels cover art slapped onto every page and the story is just as awesome as a follow up to Know No Fear should be.

Whilst 95€ is plenty of money, its definitely worth it in my opinion.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I've just received an email saying that everyone that orders this graphic novel also receives a free ebook copy of "The Wolf of Ash and Fire" by Graham Mcneill. This will tell the story of the War on Gorro - where Horus and the Emperor fight side-by-side and Horus was rumoured to have saved the Emperor's life.

Horus leads the Luna Wolves Legion against the ork-held planetoid of Gorro. Joined by the Emperor himself, should they be victorious their legend shall be remembered for all time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've just received an email saying that everyone that orders this graphic novel also receives a free ebook copy of "The Wolf of Ash and Fire" by Graham Mcneill. This will tell the story of the War on Gorro - where Horus and the Emperor fight side-by-side and Horus was rumoured to have saved the Emperor's life.
An email from who ? I ordered Macragge's Honour on the first day, and I haven't received any email yet (just confirmation order).

It's official ? It would be very cool...

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

EPIC!!!

The story of the "Ork that nearly killed the Emperor."

M30 The Gorro Hollowing - Within the Telon Reach was an Ork empire that rivalled that centred on Ullanor, and at its heart was the scrap world of Gorro. The Ork tech-caste, the Mekboyz, dominated the Orks of Gorro and had made the world their own. The Emperor decreed that Gorro must be destroyed. When a thousand-strong fleet of warships dropped out of the Warp above Gorro it was the Emperor Himself who gave the order to begin the assault. Horus, ever the dutiful and favoured son, stood at the Emperor's side and watched as tens of thousands of assault craft spread out from the fleet. In the vanguard was the Emperor and by his side was Horus and a guard of black-armoured Justaerin Terminators from the Luna Wolves' 1st Company as well as the golden-clad warriors of the Legiones Custodes. As the Space Marines attacked, the Ork resistance they faced was near overwhelming. The Orks of Gorro were huge and augmented with scavenged bionics. At the height of the battle, the fury of the Orks split the Emperor from his guards. Alone he slew hundreds of them until a blast from an Ork plasma weapon weakened his defences and one of the Ork leaders seized him. The creature's strength was so great that it took hold of the Emperor and buckled his armour. As the creature's grasp closed to throttle the Master of Mankind, Horus stormed through the press of battle and cut the Ork's arms from its body with a single blow. Together father and son led their forces in the defeat of the great Ork empire of Gorro.
Merry Christmas us! :grin:

LotN

1 - 20 of 41 Posts