Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, does the rulebook that comes in the Battle of Macragge set apply to general 40K games or just Battle of Macragge games? Something in my blood isn't letting me plop down $50 for the hard-back version (especially with the 5th ed. coming out soon) so I was thinking of just buying the pocket version off ebay.

I don't really mind missing out on some of the fluff found in the big rulebook, as I just want to get a copy of the rules.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The big rulebook has a few more rules for the game that is not needed for macragge but in general the book is all you need

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
The small BfM rulebook is a complete version of the 40K rules, not just a sampler for the boxed set. While it does have the complete rules, it will not have much else besides. Many gamers prefer it to the BBB.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Howdy,
The Macragge book has all the 4th-edition rules -- just no fluff and none of the kill team rules or scenarios. You don't need the $50 version to play.

Cheers,
Tau2007

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, thanks for clarifying that for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
it's missing some stuff from the bbb but not much, just the missions I believe and kill team. but no one plays with kill team anyway. (personally I'd rather there not be any "fluff" in the book and instead have the scenario rules)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts