Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look, and tell me what you think I should do different ext.

·
Registered
630 Posts
They all look really good, my only nitpick is consistency between them, they don't seem cohesive in terms of techniques used for bone and the basing strategy you're using.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
When I opened this up to take a look, I dont know why it hit me like that, but the pic on the top right caught me funny. I thought you painted the Bram Strokers vampire bufount(SP) hair onto one of your vamps! In my defense, I did just wake up!
Great mini's though, do likes the paint!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
They do look good but I would also say they don't look cohesive as an army. The two skeleton regiments really show the difference as one is way more bronw and the other very white.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, but the dark ones where painted by my brother, and I felt obligated to use them in my army since he went through all the effort of painting them.

Oh by the way what basing style do you think I should standardize across my army?

·
Registered
583 Posts
personally, i dig it :) the brown/white skeletons i can understand... a body is a body, after a battle you just grab what you can... so browns could be old and whites new...

i wouldnt do them straight white, maybe a yellow wash or somethin... but mix up the models, browns, white, black (burnt), yellow etc....

wow that sounded racest >_< not ment that way at all!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree with that, I think brown and white bones look fine, in fact, relativately "recent" bones look more brown than white, the point I think its the contrast, but IMO, putting a banner in each unit with the Army's simbol and painting the blank shields with a similar pattern can do a good work making them look more united :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts