Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any lucky models?

I have a dreadnought whom I have named Gideon, he regularly withstands 12-15 pentrating shots per game and is still standing by the end. He has a mortal enemy in my friend's cannoness and often ends up in close combat with her eviscerator after being charged by a squad full of krak grenades and meltabombs, generally at the end of the 2nd or 3rd turn the cannoness gets smacked by the dccw.

My other question is that, when you have a model that performs fairly well, how do you upgrade it? I want to upgrade Gideon to a venerable dreadnought but I'm afraid that by switching models I will end up with a less lucky model.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I had an Avatar one time survive two turns of Tau fire (he was the only thing I had left on the table and this was back when he only had a 5+ invul save), people far and wide came to watch this spectacle.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
My Slaanesh DP has rolled 66666 at least once in the last 2 games I have played. He also once rolled 666 then 666 followed by a single 6 to explode a landraider moving at cruising speed. I would say that's pretty damn lucky or evil can't decide which. Other then that my favorite CSM squad rolled 15 armor saves, and lost only a single model.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
My chapy, using the previous SM dex (back when they could take command squads), took down Abbadon on the charge. He charged in with his command squad, which had used their holy relic giving him 7 attack, with his termie honors. 6 attacks got through (re-rolls to hit kick ass) and 4 attacks wounded, my buddy missed all his saves :shok: I went nuts. Next time I used the chapy he charged a DP to a similar effect. Hasn't let me down sense.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
My Canoness with her Eviscerator is know to be luck and single handly turns the battle around. Gone around killing Ork Warbosses, Space Marine Captains and even Kharn.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My old Predator under the old codex was awesome, TL/LC HB/SS mutated hull, parasitic possession and daemonic possession. AP F14 S12 B11, that tank just shot everything in site and took hits from everything and never even got so much as immobilized, most useful bullet magnet ever.

My bane however is the luckiest SOB I have ever seen, "The Emperors Champion" not that powerful a model but I have never managed to kill one, not for lack of trying mind you, I just get the worst rolls when it comes to hitting or wounding the damn thing :angry:

·
Registered
887 Posts
my space marine captain versing two units of horma gaunts 12" from the board edge when they had without number, didn't take one wound and killed about 30something of them over the game.

·
Registered
493 Posts
A friend of mine has Killa Kan called Brian. He is part of a squadron of three, he usually ends up on his own by the end of the game. He is rarely killed, and usually ends up saving the game, either by contesting on killing people on an objective.

Every assault phase which he is involved in is preceeded by "GET 'EM BRIAN!".

I hate Brian...

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Brother Sergeant Ephrus Augustine of the Lions Rampant 5th Battle Company has a ridiculous track record. While his Tactical Squad often performs as well as any other (which is quite well!), Augustine has this odd tendency to kill anything he so much as glances at. There have been multiple instances of him needing sixes to hit something due to some shinannigans like Paroxyism or a vehicle moving fast or what have you, and without fail, his attacks not only strike home, but cause three wounds / three penetrating hits. He also seems to be uniquely immune to consequences-- the last Apocalypse game I participated in was won by the good Sergeant, who held the critical objective by himself for two turns, hunkering down and surviving six battle cannon shells to his position (cover saves, obviously.)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Back when Orks could use Gretchin as shooting troops with their little autoguns, I had one that was affectionately refered to as 'Bob'. I didn't use my orks often, they were the old generic ones from the 2nd boxed set... but Bob... He used to land killing blows on terminators or anything else his unit was unlucky enough to get squished by. A squad of 20 gretchin against 5 assault terms... Bob was the only one left standing more then once.

·
Registered
616 Posts
my lascannon team in my command squad. They arent too good at destroying transports, but when it comes to land raiders, they are second to none. 3 games in a row they have destroyed a land raider on their own.

Also my 2 guardsmen that stopped 5 tau battlesuits in CC for a whole game :biggrin:

·
Registered
620 Posts
I really cant think of any lucky models of mine. The closest is maybe one of my Plague Marines. It started in an Apoc game against Tau when a Plague Marine squad was in charge to taking and holding a forward objective. Once they got on the objective, they didnt move at all. One of my plasma gun plague marines was making every shot and ended up being the very last Plague Marine from that squad on the objective. On the last turn he had to go to ground to stay alive. He survived shots from 6 Fire Knife crisis suits, about 6-7 rapid fire rounds from fire warriors and 8 shots from Broadsides with their smart missiles in range. I remember just those and there could have been more.

He will always be known as Joe Dirt :mrgreen:

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
my khorne terminator lord with a daemon weapon, i have only ever rolled a 1 for his attacks twice, in one game, but i saved them both. next turn i rolled 2 6's, so 16 attacks on the charge, he killed 10 space marines before they cold strike back. he hasnt rolled a 1 for his attacks since and i have played 5 games since

·
Registered
519 Posts
My luckiest model was my first Land Raider which I used when I played Space Marines (2004-2009). One of it's greatest achievements was when, in a single game it suffered 15 penetrating hits - and was never destroyed.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I have sene so many awusme modals that jsut would not die or got supper lucky.
In my last game we had 1 Dreadnought as bace cost hold up and a Furioso with blood Fists and 7 Assult Marines, one which had a powefist for a total of 8 Assult Phases!!!!!! :shok:They kept ripping of limbs but just could put it down and the funny thing is that the Dread took alteast 5 marines down with it before it finally died. Now that made of awsume.

on a slight tanget in WOTR i have a Captain i now clal "Chuck Norris" as he manged to get 1 roll on the wound table on a full health dragon. He rolled a 6....then another 6....and another 6 and another 6 and finaly a 2. He killed the 400+pts dragon in 1 turn with 1 wound!!!!:shok: not bad for a 50pts modal

·
Registered
246 Posts
My friend has a model he calls 'Saw-head' Because it was a tactical marine he put in his Land Raider for storage Purposes. He couldn't get him out though. But you could always hear him rattling.... Until about a year later he came out, with the whole of his head and top half of shoulders filed off!

·
Registered
475 Posts
My SM captain converted to a CSM lord. When he served the emporer, he killed a average of ten models per game before being melta off the table. Since he found the gods of chaos he has killed several IG command squads, at least 4 SM chaptermasters, eldard on several occsains, a entire unit (30) of ork boys with nob in one game, a dark archon, several hive tryants and magnus calgar. That last one felt so good its not even funny.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My luckiest model is my Mega Armored Nob who killed several space marine characters including a homebrew Primarch, a whole squad of Tau and still has never been killed

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
My grot captain (not official, it's based on his hat) held a breach in my orky fortress at the club for 2 turns. It ended with 5 gretchin standing against 3 tac squads.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts