Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Guard commander "Roger" who seems to roll unfeasibly flukey dice.
At the GT one year he assaulted and killed a marine Terminator Lord, once in a game vs Jigplums he managed to kill a suped up Infiltrating Chaos lieutenant (in the same game a chimera killed a glaive khorne DP!)

Does anyone else have an unusually lucky model? A model renowned in your gaming group as one to "stay the fuck away from".

·
Banned
677 Posts
I've had a few of those models. I have a Leman Russ Vanquisher that was only destroyed in one game ever, and in every single game it made an Armor Piercing attack the dice were bearded in fluke. Usually rolled boxcars, over and over, with the occassional double-5's. Of course, It failed ever single difficult terrain test it ever took, but that evens out with it's 1,000:1 kill ratio.

The strongest character I had was one of the basic Space Marine Librarians from the first 3rd edition codex. I named his Azazel(after the WFB Daemon Prince), and he eventually built up the reputation to be called Azazel the Slaughterer just like the fantasy mini. He had a good amount of wargear and a jump pack to jet straight into enemy units like a beserker. He NEVER rolled below a 4 in my history of gaming with him except for armor saves, which was about 40-50 games. He was the most ferocious Ultramarine lord that anyone who knew me would immediately ignore all my other units to engage. That was their first mistake, letting my other units do whatever. Their second mistake was thinking they could put him down, which in turn was at least two ten-man dark angel squads getting raped.

Those were the days.

Khaine

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
I have had so many heroes its weird lol:

1: DA Grand master in 1 game fought 40 orks and was never wounded or always passed his saves and killed them all (Sword of Secrets of course lol) and was crushed by Warboss

2: Said grand master in another game fought against 30 tactical marines 8 death company 1 Chaplain, 2 Furioso Dreads and killed them all lol, then was killed by land Raider lol

3: from every game onwards he killed at least 1000pts on his own, EVERY GAME lol

4: DA Librarian killed 2 Hive Trants, 1 Carnifex 6 Warriors and 12 Genestealers, then killed by monster NID thing lol

5: Guard Lieutenant killed 20 Kroot, 40 Fire warriors, and a Hammerhead , was killed by second hammerhead, but survived a blast from a Leman russ oops lol (he did not have Honorifica lol, just Power fist, ccw and carapace lol)

6: in same battle one guardsmen charged 3 Broadsides, wounded one, was not wounded in return and they ran off the board lol

7: Dark Eldar Archon with 2+ Invulnerable thing killed most of my army without failing a save, one of my guys with Missile launcher fires krak, wounds, and he finally fails save lol, PROMOTION TIME hehe

8: Guard General fight Kharn, Dreadnought, and Bloodthirster, he kills Kharn lol

9: Lieutenant with Honorifica, power sword and carapace kills marine Master, and wounds Chaplain in Death company

10: Storm trooper SGT has squad killed, but does not leave post, gets charged by Wolf lord, I attack fist being behind cove and kill him lol

thats all I remember, alot of Heroic tales in there I reckon, alot to be proud of lol, hope I always have such good men

oops almost forgot, 1 Leman russ survived 52 Railgun shots in one game lol, never even Glanced it

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Without a doubt, it'd be Miles, the plasgunner (Named after a member of our RPG group famous for his panicked cry of 'Oh God!' at the slightest danger)

He's actually survived two or three overheats, busted an inordinately large number of tanks, terminators and characters and has only ever, ever dies by his own hands.

I'm waiting til I can drybrush better to paint him...I want him charred

Edit: I;ve got to stop hopping on the closest computer when I post. You never know what's in the copy buffer

·
Banned
677 Posts
When the legend began... I just remembered an RT I entered with a Light Assault Space Wolf force that was decimated repeatedly by terrible missions and starting locations for me. The only tough thing about the force was my Wolf Lord and his 2 Fenrisian Wolves. I was assaulted by a 10-man Khorne Beserker squad with a suped-up aspiring champion. I had a larger base on the Lord to fit more in close combat, so I had most of the enemy squad in base with him. He did nothing, yet saved and saved versus the chainaxes AND the powerfist on the champion.
That isn't the crazy thing, that entire battle my Wolf Lord only took one, in the last combat of the game. Still not the luckiest thing.
One of the two f'ing Fenrisian Wolves survived the first wave of Beserkers and continued to dismember the ENTIRE squad by himself, no thanks to the 150pt+ Lord he was attached to. They then went on to squad after of squad of miscellaneous Chaos Marines(was an Undivided force) and the Wolf earned himself about 20 kills.
The next game of the same tournament, the two wolves slaughter half of a Tau force alone, without a single wound caused by the Lord again.

The wolves became the talk of the tourney, as everyone was afraid to face their Str 4 +6 Sv might.

Khaine

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I;d like to toss in one of my brother's models for the luckiest bastard alive award while we;re at it.
Pimped out khorne DP with the glaive. He's faced no less than three lascannons, tw missiles, three or for DCCW attacks, and a railgun slug isnce his inception and in all but one case, he shrugged off these instakill weapons by rolling EXACTLY 4 on his 4+ invul save. I did a victory dance when I finally managed to slpatter him with a lascannon

·
Registered
76 Posts
my most luckyest model is my hive tyrant beleive it or not it was hit by 27 lascannons and he passed every 6+ invunerable although he died when he failed every normal save by 3 heavy bolters lol oh and he had no tyrant gaurds to protect him either all alone apart from the loads of gaunts warriros rippers dtealers and stuff

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an Unluckiest model. Every member of my Death Guard.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
My luckest model is the one that actually started as a joke by my friends that I play against. THey noticed that I put skulls and bones on all my models so they started calling me"Skull Bob" and that I should make a model to represent him. So I did and he has been unstoppable. No one has been able to kill him in 20 games. He has been the last man standing 3 times from his mob. He has managed to take out 2 Necrons lords in one game.

My friends hate him and have tried to kill him and his squad many times. But he always manages to make an imporant save or kill something very important.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Its got to be my word bearers possessed aspiring champion.

He wins 'man of the match' every time he plays and is almost always the only surviving member of an eight man squad, often with a couple of five up saves made as well.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
My guy would be

High Serpent Lord Salrathor Slane. None of his attacks miss in combat. He's killed many whole units on his own and busted is fair share of tanks to.

My unluckiest would be either my attack bike with multi-melta lets call him Dave for the hell of it he never hits. Or my scout with heavy bolter lets call him Dave 2 he has a habbit of hitting with 2 rolls of 3 and 5 and then wounding with none rolling snake eyes its really anyoing

·
Registered
4 Posts
in 40k all my modles have shocking bad luck, fantasy however i my goblin shamans r always leathal and always get the spells i want, if you reduce my avatar to 1 wound in shooting and then he hits combat he never seems to die but... i dunno i hav relly bad luck normaly

Yay Little Waaaaaaagh

·
Registered
34 Posts
i think it have to be Lucius "the appointment with eternity"
the pre-hersy lucius the eternal
so far he's killed or finished off
a hive tyrant
a carnifex
2 lictors
a broodlord
5 genestealer(all of those in the same battle)
a brother-captain
2 Justicars
and about 6 normal grey knights
and that just 2 battles
and he only costs 140(or something like that)points

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
flukiest part of the game...hard one

- taking out 7 wolves to rapid firing lasguns and grenade launchers
- only failing 1 LD test in the game - i was taking around 2-3 a turn!!

i was pretty pleased with the list - only fault is the lack of plasma.

Nice to see the SOB tactica locked btw, it was turning into a bit of a bitch fight.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had an Aspiring Champion who went up against twelve other armies (500 point armies), and he was the sole survivor in the battle.

He splatted a couple of Wraithlords himself (even though he only has d. strength, feel no pain, d. aura, axe of khorne and a bolt pistol).

After the battle, I upgraded him to have a Juggernaut and he hardly ever dies when I use him. I might make him a Lieutenant after the next couple of games :)

·
Banned
801 Posts
You just said that less than an hour ago. You don't need to artificially boost post counts here, we don't really care about that. Or, at the least, I don't.

As for the topic at hand, my Necron lord Khamuun Ra has an uncanny knack for making opponents break down in tears when faced with his sheer Terminator-like invincibility. A five, a six, and another six, on three consecutive turns, with a Phylactery, will do that to a man. The most pleasing part is that that wasn't an isolated incident.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts