Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in thinking that a S3 model can charge and wound a T8 model if the roll a 6 to wound and have the rending special rule? My reading of the rending special rule would suggest yes, I'm more thinking about whether the S3 model can attack in the first place if it wouldn't normally be able to wound.

This may seem like a silly question, I am really just double checking that I haven't missed anything very important that would deny the S3 model the ability to wound.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Yes, if a model has rending, a to wound roll of a 6 is an automatic wound which is AP 2. So a S3 model with rending can indeed wound a T8 model.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Storm Troopers with the Elimination Protocol Sanctioned, and kroot with sniper weapons. Both are nice for the open mouth look when it works
I don't think Snipers have the rending rule anymore. Its similar, but its not rending.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I don't think Snipers have the rending rule anymore.
They sure don't. The current Sniper USR is:

-6's To-Hit are still Precision Shots provided they aren't also Snap Shots
-4+ To-Wound regardless of target Toughness
-6's To-Wound are AP2
-against a Vehicle they count as S4.

EDIT: to include @Creon's information.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Yup. Daemonettes are fantastic for killing Wraithknights, etc. I say give that Herald a Steed of Slaanesh and a Greater Etherblade too, just to make it all the more killy... and so you can outflank the blob of Daemonettes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts