Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people :)
my question is simple. Is it worth to play low pts games? I am talking 100 pts or so. The thing is, me and my GF are starting to play and we have just bought some models and painting is going pretty slow. We can put together a low point army soon. But is it worth playing? Thanks

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
If you want to play games under 500 points, I would recommend checking out Kill Team instead. There are several vrsion of the rules around the internet, but you get more value out of the points with those kind of games.

If you play 500+ points, it can be worth it - It's good to get to know your army, as every single model is valuable at those point cost. It's a great way to learn just how efficient a unit is.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'd say 100pts is a little too low really, but if you can both get a squad out of that give it a try. You'll start getting the basics of the game (movement, shooting and close combat).

The lowest I tend to play is 400 or 500 points (There used be rules for 40k in 40 minutes which changed FOC and put in restrictions on units e.g. no 3 wound characters or 2+ saves - if you google it there plenty of hits. There was an update for 6th which probably will still work at 7th...)

However don't forget you can Proxy figures or use unpainted ones. If you want to paint the figures before glueing them together then use blue-tac or similar to hold them together whilst playing, or even use random things for proxies (e.g. a wine cork would probably work for an infantry figure, a small box for a tank etc etc).

·
Registered
132 Posts
The kill team mentioned above is also a good bet.

The heralds of ruin is praised alot.
Thats 250 point, with some slightly different rules.

But you can make do with very few models

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah we plan to build bigger armies (1500 pts and probably even more) with time... we just want to play :D i was just wondering if the game doesn't end in 10 minutes with so few points. thanks for answers :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Normally, yes, yes it would.

And also work badly.

If you either take a 40k in 40 min version or kill team, you get a game which is more or less balanced for the value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts