Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya, Im working on a Tyranid and SM army. I have a lot of questions though that i could not find the awnsers for in the codex or on the games workshop site.

1. Do all Genestealers in a Brood need to have the same Biomorphs?

2. Does the Carnifex Model come with...
a) A head that is both Tusked and Acid Maw?
b) A head that is both Regenerate and Acid Maw?
c) A head that is both Tusked and Regenerate?
d) A head that is both Implant Attack and Tusked?
e) A head that is both Regenerate and Implant Attack?
f) A head that is both Regenerate and Acid Maw?

3. What are some options on getting Winged Biomorph for a Hive Tyrant and Tyranid Warrior, Or do the models come with wings.

4. What does the visual for Enhanced senses biomorph look like on a Tyranid Warrior? Also does it come with the model?

·
Registered
905 Posts
kickass did you get the battle for maccrage set, i did, im doing the same and i have the same kind of questions too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Initiate said:
kickass did you get the battle for maccrage set, i did, im doing the same and i have the same kind of questions too.
Actually i did get a macragge set however i was disappointed with the models i got. the Space Marines came in 2 pieces and the Tyranids were Basic and i wanted Spinegaunts ><.

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
Q1) yes, they all need to have the same biomorphs. it does actually stipulate that in the dex.

Q2) no to all, each head only comes with one biomorph. if you want two you will have to convert them.

Q3) No wings come with either model. fntasy dragon wings are best for the Tyrant, and i would definately recommend getting a set for him. as for the warriors, chaos fury wings may work or something similar, however iv never liked the idea of winged warriors.

Q4) good question, most likely the same as i does for the HT or 'fex. and no, it doesnt come ith the model

hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
The chaos possessed wings would require a fair bit of cutting to get on a warrior, just because they're so seamlessly sculpted into the backpack.

While it's not GW stuff, and thus not "tournament legal" if someone's being a prick about it, Reaper makes a pack of devil/daemon wings that are exactly the right scale and are intended for adding wings to models that normally wouldn't have them. They also make angelic wings, but I think that's of less interest... feathers don't go on Tyranids, after all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more question, Do Carnifexs or Hive Tyrants come with Rending claws? or do any models come with rending claws that would fit a Hive tyrant?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The Son of Horus said:
The chaos possessed wings would require a fair bit of cutting to get on a warrior, just because they're so seamlessly sculpted into the backpack.

While it's not GW stuff, and thus not "tournament legal" if someone's being a prick about it, Reaper makes a pack of devil/daemon wings that are exactly the right scale and are intended for adding wings to models that normally wouldn't have them. They also make angelic wings, but I think that's of less interest... feathers don't go on Tyranids, after all.
I think conversions/scratchbuilds with non-gw bits are okay as long as the model is...2/3 citadel i think? And started out with citadel components as it's base. So the wings should be tournie legal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts