Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a LOTR army.

What ones are good? I've heard rangers army is good? Recommendations anyone

·
Registered
74 Posts
Depends whether you are looking for GT filth, or some normal army. Most of them are much of a muchness really, with little to distinguish between forces.

If rangers do it for you, then go for it.

I'd also point you to 'the last alliance' not sure of the url, but a quick google search with 'forum' should do the trick. It seems to be th emain LotR forum for gaming I've come across.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Hello,

not directly related to which army is best to select but the
LOTR reference list I'm still putting together over at
astronomican might be of some general help;

link

·
Registered
128 Posts
get elves they have total archer superiority brilliant heroes and good infantry

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
basic haradrim are defence 4, their list is restrictive and theyre heroes arent all that good. their only redeeming feature is the murmakill.

elves, whilst having good shooting and a high fight value are fucking expensive. i think from memory a basic elf with no gear is about 8 or 9 points which is only 1 less than an uruk with heavy armour. they are also reasonably frail.

·
Registered
128 Posts
was was playing a game once and i killed so many uruks with shooting that they were going to get masacered unfortunatly for me someone realy annoying came in to the room and pissed me of so much that i just went without finishing

·
Registered
294 Posts
You won't have won that game, your elves where so close to the table edge they where about to fall off. You had nowhere to run.
And anyway, the Uruk player had no crossbowmen. If he had, he'd have kicked your sorry ass.

·
Registered
128 Posts
yea it was him
but i might start a new thread just for angus and his anoyingness

·
Registered
128 Posts
You won't have won that game, your elves where so close to the table edge they where about to fall off. You had nowhere to run.
And anyway, the Uruk player had no crossbowmen. If he had, he'd have kicked your sorry ass
sorry jug but your force was wrecked and i still had 2 heroes left so i would have won if not for angus

·
Registered
128 Posts
we do and we could educate the world in how to spot and kill angus before he becomes a problem

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes back on topic elves they may be expensive but they are just good at everything i killed sauron with just elven archers once.

or you could take the other path and just buy a huge goblin army and swarm everything that gets in your way that works as well.

I am sorry for the above coments that involved me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
well uruk hai would be my next choise for an army because they are realy tough and cool and they can be converted realy well by even a newby lke me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts