Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Games Workshop (location redacted) Facebook Page said:
Hey guys,

For all the Hobbit/LOTR fans out there many of the lotr miniatures are disappearing from stock at the end of this week, so if there is something you want grab it while its still in store!
Beginning of the end for the Hobbit? Let's hope.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
There's some Hobbit event going on at the GW a town over from me this weekend (as frequent as 40k/WFB events), they just released that massive Smaug model, and they have sole rights to the game....I doubt it's going anywhere. Maybe they're making room for new stuff to be released?

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
There's some Hobbit event going on at the GW a town over from me this weekend (as frequent as 40k/WFB events), they just released that massive Smaug model, and they have sole rights to the game....I doubt it's going anywhere. Maybe they're making room for new stuff to be released?
doubtfull, this happened the LoTR battlegame, and war of the ring as well. they ride the hype and then neglect it.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Oh, it's more than neglect. The phrase you're looking for is "going to direct order only." Stores are no longer contractually required to carry it at all (not even the Escape from Goblin Town set) and the entire range is going direct so it's not even easy to order.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
does someone even still play the game???

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
well, giving the hobbit galore that has struck the community...makes sense. still a very rare game to see. nothing in my area since...well..forever...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Oklahoma is on occasion a very odd place
Just from the name itself. Spell it loud and try : O - K - L - A - O - M - A
Thats weird.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
The models were really nice
absolutely. i have some stuff myself too, and they are fine looking plastic models. alas, the hobbit release (smaug apart) left me pretty underwhelmed

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It's a shame because its just as I was starting to earn to play :( its a good system that works, but I just don't think that it was given enough exposure. I mean when I first started playing it was just because I had time to kill, there were 2 other people who had never played it before who managed to be roped into a game (yes 4 people that played LOTR in the same place???) and we all absolutely loved it and had a really good time, because its such a laid back system that doesn need a hsit load of dice, and it has mechanics for every possible even e.g. falling over climbing knocking down ladders, ranged attacks hitting intervening models.

·
Registered
443 Posts
It's a shame because its just as I was starting to earn to play :( its a good system that works, but I just don't think that it was given enough exposure. I mean when I first started playing it was just because I had time to kill, there were 2 other people who had never played it before who managed to be roped into a game (yes 4 people that played LOTR in the same place???) and we all absolutely loved it and had a really good time, because its such a laid back system that doesn need a hsit load of dice, and it has mechanics for every possible even e.g. falling over climbing knocking down ladders, ranged attacks hitting intervening models.
If you like the system why don't you just use it to play whatever other game you like? Sure I understand your frustration when something you like gets abandoned but that doesn't mean you should abandon it as well.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Did they bring the Perry Twins back for the Hobbit?
They hadn't left at that point, they did a fair few of the models

1 - 16 of 16 Posts