Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyas all!

I thought I'd start with posting here first. I joined last night, around 1-2 am local time, when Katie mentioned this place :) Looks promising. This would then be the second "purely"-40k site that I actually frequently look in on.

Anyway, I've been playing for something like 7-8 years and thinking about that made me feel old :p And I'm only 21, so not that old ;)

Hope this place will be as good as it seems to be or even better :D

- Loran

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MOOOHOOOHAHAHAHAHA! That's yet another person I've tricked into joining Heresy!
Heheee, no one can resist your command :p

And the armies I play in 40k are the following:
- Blood Angels
- Dark Angels
- Space Wolves
- Space Wolves 13th Great Company
- Imperial Guard
- Daemonhunters
- Witch Hunters
- Chaos Space Marines
- Tyranids
- Tau

Just started Tyranids and Tau, so the armies comprise of a model or two painted at the moment :p But I'm slowly getting them up to playing standards as well. First have to finish the last new units for Chaos though :)

- Loran

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Thats a pretty decent horde of mini's you have there - 1500k lists?

Welcome to the forum by the way. Great to have you here. Hope you enjoy your time with us.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Looks like we've got a new Heretic. Well, well, wel...come! Welcome to Heresy Online and enjoy!

ALL THOSE ARMIES?!

And good choice with Tau.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The points of the armies are a bit varied:
- Blood Angels: 7000+ pts
- Dark Angels: 2500+ pts
- Space Wolves: 2500+ pts
- Space Wolves: 13th Great Company 1500+ pts
- Imperial Guard: 2500+ pts
- Daemonhunters: 1500+ pts
- Witch Hunters: 1000+ pts
- Chaos Space Marines: 9000+ pts
- Tyranids: 45 pts? :p
- Tau: 10 pts? :p

Like I said, the Tyranids and Tau are in their first stages, where I've yet to decide on the core army composition that I want. So I've only got Fire Warriors for Tau and Gaunts for the 'Nids...

And thanks for the warm welcome :)

- Loran

·
Registered
59 Posts
Im only up to six and a half years so you got me beat which means we must battle :threaten::laugh:. So your a BA player, thoughts on the new codex :biggrin:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, as it is, the Codex is pretty fun. And despite some people saying they're worse than they were, I disagree. Sure, you can't field 45 model Death Company anymore, but I have to admit, using that big a unit was a bit of a bore (I did have a 43 model DC in one game).

I personally like the new Codex. But the thing I hate is that we didn't get an actual book *Grumbles*

- Loran

·
Registered
267 Posts
How come all the girls are playing Blood :angel:'s ?

:biggrin:

I am a recent [4th ed] convert... I almost collected them in 2nd Ed. [Angels of Death]

....and was quite turned off of them when they're essentially codex organization was changed into World Eater wannabees.....

Now with the vindication of the new codex, I feel its the best representation of the type of marine army I like to field; full squads, vet sgts , cheap rhinos... all armed to the teeth with bolter-bolt pistol-frag&krak and ready to rapid-fire foes to death!

Take that, Las-Plas.....

Welcome to the forums, Loran.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts