Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... looted wagon's,

are they just cobbled together vehicles from other armies? I was looking for them on the GW website for my son, but I couldn't one anywhere on there to buy. So I'm guessing that I just buy whatever basic design I want and WAAAGH it up for my son? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yh pretty much but I'd reccommend avoiding things like land raiders as they are heavily armoured and are better used as battlewagons. Otherwise, just grab a vehicle, chop some bits off and stick a gun on it. The world is your oyster.

P.S. You've posted this in the wrong section, it'd be better off in general 40k or conversions.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aight, I figured this would be best since it deals with the Ork wagon specifically.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yeah there is no model for the looted wagon so find a model you like and orky it up. If you look around the modeling seciton you find many that have been done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a massive converting fanatic with an ork tank company Im kind of an expert on this =)

best vehicles to use for a looted wagon are:

Leman Russ
Rhino
Whirlwind
Vindicator
Griffon

Any sort of medium sized tank =)
Guard and Marine vehicles look really good =)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have to admit that I love 1:35 scale tanks for looted stuff (and cheaper than GW). Get the model, only stick 1/2 of the details to it (ie towropes and storage boxes) and then stick plasticard as armour patches to the outside, glue some spare weapons/gubbins to the outside, give it a rough and ready paintjob and a ork sticking out of any hatches.
I also find the M113 a good base for bigger tanks (Bonebreaka/crusher) and the smaller French/Polish/Romanian armour even better as its already weird looking.

·
Read Only
936 Posts
This is a Leman Russ i looted, the turret is made out of plastic card to make it look bigger.
Still needs a lot more battle damage but I'll come back to it at a later date.

Viscount Vash has got some real skill check out his project log here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.