Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... looted wagon's,

are they just cobbled together vehicles from other armies? I was looking for them on the GW website for my son, but I couldn't one anywhere on there to buy. So I'm guessing that I just buy whatever basic design I want and WAAAGH it up for my son? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yh pretty much but I'd reccommend avoiding things like land raiders as they are heavily armoured and are better used as battlewagons. Otherwise, just grab a vehicle, chop some bits off and stick a gun on it. The world is your oyster.

P.S. You've posted this in the wrong section, it'd be better off in general 40k or conversions.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aight, I figured this would be best since it deals with the Ork wagon specifically.

·
Registered
466 Posts
usually the best looted wagon is the leman russ pretty much the same specks just give it some battle damage and stick some orky things on it and done

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yeah there is no model for the looted wagon so find a model you like and orky it up. If you look around the modeling seciton you find many that have been done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im in the process of having a space marine vindicator orkified, next to a Leman Russ, they make for a really good Looted Wagon w/ BOOMGUN! Muahahahaha

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a massive converting fanatic with an ork tank company Im kind of an expert on this =)

best vehicles to use for a looted wagon are:

Leman Russ
Rhino
Whirlwind
Vindicator
Griffon

Any sort of medium sized tank =)
Guard and Marine vehicles look really good =)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have to admit that I love 1:35 scale tanks for looted stuff (and cheaper than GW). Get the model, only stick 1/2 of the details to it (ie towropes and storage boxes) and then stick plasticard as armour patches to the outside, glue some spare weapons/gubbins to the outside, give it a rough and ready paintjob and a ork sticking out of any hatches.
I also find the M113 a good base for bigger tanks (Bonebreaka/crusher) and the smaller French/Polish/Romanian armour even better as its already weird looking.

·
Punx For Life
946 Posts
This is a Leman Russ i looted, the turret is made out of plastic card to make it look bigger.
Still needs a lot more battle damage but I'll come back to it at a later date.

Viscount Vash has got some real skill check out his project log here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts