Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
g'day guys

just looking for a couple of your thoughts on whether to add some tank bustas and bomb squigs or just load up with more lootas with the deff guns. i ask because one of my friends is starting to use alot more tanks and vehicles in his force.

cheers
Rob

·
Registered
594 Posts
I would advise against Tankbustas for several reasons:

1. Their BS2, combined with the fact that their Rokkits only fire 1 shot, mean that they will miss far more often than not.

2. Single shot weapons, combined with the Glory Hogs rule, make them ineffective against infantry. Once the tanks are dead (or out of range) the 'Bustas won't be of much use. Glory Hogs could be especially annoying, as your 'Bustas might just decide that the transport vehicle is a more worthy target than the squad of Terminators or the Daemon Prince.

3. Bomb Squigs are neat, but given the low armour of Ork vehicles an unlucky roll of 1 might blow up one your shiny Trukks, or even worse a Dread/Kan

·
Registered
375 Posts
The choice really depends on what type of force you have, if it's footslogging, Lootas are normally the better choice as it gives you a firebase to cover your lads with and pop transports before they get to your boyz and thanks to their longer range (double what tankbustas have) gives you a chance to hurt them earlier on. However if your force is more of a mobile sort with mech, tankbustas would proabably be a better choice, as it not only goes with your theme, but keeps your forces more intact.

If you choose tankbustas, some things to know is that in general they are hard to handle and unwieldy due to the very badly made rule of Glory Hogs, which forces you to assault/shoot any vehicle they can see, and due to TLOS you'll be running all over the place taking pot shots at far away vehicles and potentially doing nothing most of the game. Therefore in order to compensate for that you really need a transport (battlewagon is one of the better options) as it not only protects you from enemy guns (blast our 6+ t-shirt save!) but helps in actually getting you to your target. If there is one thing tankbustas are good at, it's assaulting vehicles. Be sure to add some tankhammers for things like dreadz and bomb suqigs when absolutely have to destroy a enemy vehicle. One last thing I'd like to point out is that although Glory Hogs does force you to chase whatever enemy vehicle you see, it doesn't state you have to attack the closest one so use that to your advantage and not go around misleadingly chasing a Land Raider the whole game. Hope this helped, good luck!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice guys it backed up what i was thinking
yeah my army are foot sloggers at the moment until i get some vehicles.
i thought of just having a really fun sort of a force with my mates which used all of those sort of things like bomb squigs and shok attack gun for the laugh factor as well.

thanks again
Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts