Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically a tough footsloggers and not tin can wall with kustom force field.

can i get some of my community member ideas on the subject?

thx

·
4,491 Posts
Do what i did, buy a shitload of AoBR Boyz.

After you play a couple of games, you can decide to go either with the Killa Kan route, or the Battlewagon/Trukk route.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. how bout some rough build ideas? 1500 pts is my aim.

i dont mind spending some money, im just not needing to go big super leet with them. no black lotus, 5 mox, channel-fireball necessary ;)

i know about the means to procure minis, there is this guy on ebay, lazarus games, who sells salvage and it's a good way to get cheap or obscure minis. i just got a rouge trader plasma cannon to go with my rt sm dude.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
The AoBR box is a solid start as mentioned above gaining you a good footslogger force with some Deffkoptas for a bit of mobility.

If you are ok with the knife and glue then the options really open up, buy some plasticard and rods for making rivets and you can build what you want for little cost. (Although time is a factor.)

Being Orks you can use all the gubbinz that others can't be bothered to salvage too, so cheap Ebay SM/Guard tanks that are too tatty for players of those armies are great fun.

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
Keeping in mind of your wants and descriptions a 1500 pt. army using AOBR bits and pieces might look roughly something like this:

Warboss w/'eavy armor, attack squig, cybork body, power klaw and skorcha kombi weapon.

30 boyz with a nob including his power klaw and bosspole X 6

Deffkoptas w/TL rokkits X 3

OBGOG

Edit: Check out hoard_*_bits and wizardsgames on eBay too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks and thanks. a trick ive found is most orks i can buy used are cc build rather than shooty, and from what i gather it's good to mix it up 50/50. seems the only way that i get to make the decision is by buying the gw box set of boyz, which im trying to avoid. is it acceptable to run orcs with 27 sluggas and 3 big shootas? or is it preferred to go 27 shootas and 3 big shootas?

Catch my drift?

Mega armor orks in a trukk a good plan for toughening up the army or are they a point sink?

what about artillery.. zzap gun? kannons? hmmm?!?!!?

thanks again!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
MegaNobz do better in Battlewagons. I Run 4 Battlewagons loaded with Meganobz backed up by a Big Mek w/KFF and 2 shooty BattleWagons.
Trukks are too easy to pop and then your Meganobz are sitting ducks because they are somewhat slow out of a transport.

I personally don't use any of the artillery Gunz as i don't think they are worth the points.

SGMAlice

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Avoid Artillery-type units at all costs.
What:shok: Why?

I love my kannons and my lobba guns especially in a footslooger army they have good range, are cheap and can add some punch to the army. Kannons can shoot at vehicles or troops. Lobbas can be put behind cover because they don't need line of site. I can shoot over my green tide and I can shoot at guys in cover no one canhide from the low strenght lobba. They really mess up low toughness troops. IG, Eldar both kinds, Tau and space marine scouts hate it when you put a big pie plate on them. For giggles take 9 of them and watch SM's cry cheese for dropping 9 pie plates on them even if you only kill 1 or 2 guys this really messes with them.

You can also scratch build them so they are super cheap. zzap guns are the only ones I don't like the variable strength sucks because you always roll low when shooting at landraiders but roll really high when shooting at something like warwalker which a kannon could take out for cheaper. Also zzaps run the risk of killing the crew before you take out the vehicle.

big shootas go with shoota boyz slugga boyz don't take special weapons because they are going to run ning any time they are not in CC. The Nob with the power klaw is the special weapon.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I don't like spending 30+ points on an immobile something that goes down to one stray S4 shot. I would maybe, possibly think about using a Lobba, because you can hide it, but then again, pretty much all non-LOS templates are S4+, so it's not much protection.
And yeah, Zzaps rolling 10s on transports and 3s on Land Raiders could be :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts