Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my list for a 2000pnt DA double wing army. I know its 5 pnts over so looking for any and all thoughts on what it needs and what it needs to get rid of. Thanks for the help.

HQ
Belial – 160 apoth /TLC
Troops
Deathwing – 215 x5 TLC
Deathwing – 245 x1 ser w/ PW x1 AC
Deathwing – 235 x1 ser w/PW x1 CML
Fast Attack
Ravenwing Attack Squad – 305 x1 PW x2 MG x1attack bike
Ravenwing Attack Squad – 305 x1 PW x2 MG x1 attack bike
Ravenwing Support Squad – 200 x2 speeders x2 AC x1 HB x1 MM
Heavy Support
Predator – 95 auto cannon and x2 HB

Total - 2005

·
Registered
77 Posts
the auto cannon+HB is too expensive in the DA codex... And the CML is really a shit, only one shoot, better the heavy flamer you teleport close with bikes help and you burn them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So here is my list for a 2000pnt DA double wing army. I know its 5 pnts over so looking for any and all thoughts on what it needs and what it needs to get rid of. Thanks for the help.

HQ
Belial – 160 apoth /TLC

Love him just the way you have him. Think about finding points for Sammael. His landspeeder is just awesome and he will turn your bike squads into scoring troops.

Troops
Deathwing – 215 x5 TLC

I don't like dedicated assault terminators unless they have a raider to hide in. They tend to DS in and just draw fire. One of the few advantages the DA get is the choice to mix up our termy squads. I run all my DSing squads like so TLC, AC/PF, SB/CF, SB/PW, SB/PF. For only 250pts all five guys are different so it helps with wound allocation games. Its also more prepared to handle any situation.

Run the 250pt squad above.

Same

Deathwing – 235 x1 ser w/PW x1 CML

Again but this time because our CML is only heavy 1. The assault cannon has always worked better for me.

Fast Attack
Ravenwing Attack Squad – 305 x1 PW x2 MG x1attack bike

Drop the PW. These guys don't belong in combat. Give the sarge melta-bombs and split the squad. let him and the MGs go tank hunting and the other two can scout out and find good spots to drop terminators.

Ravenwing Attack Squad – 305 x1 PW x2 MG x1 attack bike

The same as above. MM on the attack bikes.

Ravenwing Support Squad – 200 x2 speeders x2 AC x1 HB x1 MM

When We find room to get Sammael in here I think you should run the HB/AC speeders that come with the ravenwing attack squad. Speeders that count as troops and can score. I also use them to protect Sammaels rear armor.

Heavy Support
Predator – 95 auto cannon and x2 HB

Drop this guy to help find points for Sammael. He has the same guns twin linked and better armor.

Total - 2005
So thats just a few suggestions And here is a list using them.

130- Belial
205- Sammael
280- deathwing, Apothecary, TLC, AC/PF, SB/CF, SB/PW
250- deathwing, TLC, AC/PF, SB/CF, SB/PW, SB/PF
395- ravenwing, +3 bikes, 2xMG, MBs, attack bike, land speeder
240- ravenwing, +3 bikes(or speeder), 2xMG,
-------

·
Registered
581 Posts
Personally i would get rid of the predator and the support squad speeders.
In their place i would get a landraider crusader and put belial and the cc termies in there. they will be cut to pieces without a bit of protection. also with the remaining points upgrade one of belials termie squad with a standard bearer. An extra attack is always a good thing.
my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
178 Posts
A land raider is always fun. I like one in my dual-wing list. It draws fire from Sammaels speeder as I keep him by it to protect his rear armor. Just drop one of the shooty deathwing squads for the land raider crusader. Take the squad with the apothecary and run it with the apoth, chapter banner, heavy flamer and the rest LCs. Only 275 points so you can get the MBs on the other ravenwing sarge. Now attach belial to said squad of death. He is why you need a crusader and not a normal raider. Apparently DA raiders are so full of dark gothic decorations (and guilt) they cant fit as many people as other SM raiders. I like this idea better then the last list I gave. I was trying not to change your original list to much.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Just a quick note for you on the raven wing attack squads, add the speeder to them, comes with ac/hb, when you combat squad the unit the speed is its own scoring unit...

ill let you take that in for a sec... the speeder is a scoring unit. Its a fast skimmer.

just be careful on VP games, you can lose 1 vp by getting it killed real fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts