Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Heresy,

So I'm trying to conceptualize my lizardmen paint scheme but I'm having difficulties deciding on what colour I should paint my scales...

The main body colour is going to be a blood red highlighted with oranges so I would like to the scales to be a stark contrast to that (although not clashing or stark for the sake of being stark).

A few colours I have been tossing around for the scales would be:
Codex Gray highlighted with Space Wolves Gray, Goblin Green highlighted with Scorpid Green, or Enchanted blue highlighted with Ice Blue.

Suggestions?

So far I'm leaning towards the Gray and Red Scheme as I think its enough of a contrast without being too over the top. My only beef is that I wanted to do the weapons and stone in a gray as well and its going to be difficult trying to achieve enough of a contrast between the two to look like separate materials. The metal parts are going to be a base of Dwarven bronze highlighted with a 50/50 mix of Shining Gold and Mithril Silver. Finally, I think I may try using the army painted dark shade dip.

Thoughts overall?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
You know what I always thought went well together. Red and cream, such as that seen on nids. Grey would work equally as well, if it was light. I like the idea of a more orangy red, which you don't tend to see much of.

I personally have never liked dips so I can comment on the use of these.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know what I always thought went well together. Red and cream, such as that seen on nids. Grey would work equally as well, if it was light. I like the idea of a more orangy red, which you don't tend to see much of.

I personally have never liked dips so I can comment on the use of these.
I've never used the dips before either and I'll probably run a test model at the store to see if I like it first.

I was leaning towards the red and gray as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts