Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The what
I am looking for a company, preferably something available in the UK, who make/sell modern/sci-fi weapons in a non-heroic 20mm, 25mm or 28mm scale. An assault rifle or shotgun should be 10-15mm long and not too chunky. I have had a look at a bunch of places nut most seem to be much larger.

Any ideas?

The why
A while back I bought some HassleFree Grymn. I had originally bought them for Necromunda but now I am more interested in using them for Infinity (Haqqislam Qapu Khalqi).

To have most of the weapons shown on the models I need to convert a few both with different guns in their hands and some strapped to their backs. Whilst HassleFree do offer a collection of conversion weapons some of the most appropriate for my needs are out of stock.

In particular I am looking for shotguns (all kinds), rifles, rocket launchers and other anti-armour weapons. The problem is that these miniatures are dwarfs in true 28mm scale, so their body+head height is 20-25mm depending on the model. I have a bunch of 40k weapons, including Necromunda conversion weapons from the mid 1990s, they are very much in "Heroic" scale though with the Shotgun I have being as long as the infantry are tall, so they look terrible, especially if strapped to a back.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I had seen Anvil but not Max Mini who also look like they have a good range at GW type scale.

However, both are 28mm heroic scale which Max Mini clarifies also clarifies as 28-33mm. The Heretic Rifle for example is 25mm long. Not all of them have exact measurements but the rifles and shotguns look to be 22mm through 35mm+. Double barreled is 24mm.

I have a Necromunda shotgun ("28mm" scale, 26mm length GW mid 90s scale) and it is far too big in every way.

Apologies for the poor photo, it does show the problem I have though:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am currently looking through 1:76 and 1:72 scale stuff but most of it is WW2 and thematically I need modern or sci-fi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts