Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know in 4th ed SM codex there was a decent Chapter Creation tool and i was wondering if there was anything released on any of the GW sites or any other good tools that i can use to correctly allocate points for my Iron Disciples other than working out costs of individual upgrades to represent traits.

Might have to buy a 4th ed codex if it comes down to it, but noone at GW has any. Yes i could just look for one elsewhere but i thought id ask here first.

Cheers,
Chris

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
other than your own imagination there never really has been a decent chapter creation tool, the traits from the 4th edition codex were awful, the negatives were just stupid and you could select ones that didn't effect your army at all, it was probably one of the worst ideas GW had ever had, with repetitive armies almost as bad as the god awful previous chaos codex.

just use your imagination, cus either way its gonna be for friendly games anyway and it costs no money.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i guess i'll just end up using similar items/powers values as substitutes.

thanks anyway

·
Registered
141 Posts
other than your own imagination there never really has been a decent chapter creation tool, the traits from the 4th edition codex were awful, the negatives were just stupid and you could select ones that didn't effect your army at all, it was probably one of the worst ideas GW had ever had, with repetitive armies almost as bad as the god awful previous chaos codex.
I have to disagree. Before the 5th Ed. codex, I had a useful strategy with the Chapter traits. True grit + counter attack from "Trust Your Battle Brothers" was an amazing trait, especially with my original "flexible army" design. It meant every Space Marine in my army I gave the trait to gained a bonus attack in close combat with a bolter, even though they lost their charge bonus. The extra attack made them quite effective at any range, shooting or melee. Plus it fit my chapter fluff indicating that each Astartes was a master of the Boltgun in all situations. To represent my chapter's persistent side, I used the same minor drawback as the Imperial Fists; I enjoy longer matches, so a rule that extends the game is almost as much a benefit as a drawback :biggrin:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only managed to get my hands on the 4th ed codex today and i must say it has come in quite handy.

As a chapter diverging from IH focusing mostly on the cleansing of daemonic mutation in conjunction with the GK 'Cleanse and Purify' + 'Scions of Mars' Fits well as it enables me to grab a higher range of 'cleansing' weapons and bolsters my Techmarines somewhat.

drawbacks would be 'Eye to Eye' emphasizing the Iron Hands preference for slower paced warfare and 'Die Standing' re-enforcing the same thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts