3x Crisis Suits 159MP/Plasma

Fast Attack
Storm Talon 125
Skyhammer

Heavy Support
Storm Raven 255
ML, Hurricane
Total 1844

I was thinking maybe Khan no bike and ride in raven since he kind of squishy.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I don't really like it. You're very low model count, because you're running Suits and Bikes. One tactical squad, which I assume, is hiding in the back. Unless you're using the Tactical in the Raven, in which case you have nothing to hang back and support everything else. No home scoring or defense.

Your Crisis Suits and Commander don't sync up at all. Missile Pods have long range, decent strength, and poor AP, while plasma rifles are medium range, slightly lower strength, but better Ap. They do two totally different jobs, meaning that most likely when you're shooting, something's getting wasted. are you hurling AP4 missiles at terminators? Or wasting Ap2 on guardsman? or not firing plasma at all because you're using your missiles at long range? And I'm assuming your Commander will be in the squad with him, and the Melta/Missile is the same basic issue.

Your tooled up super biker is extremely durable, but he's a beast in close combat with no support; none of your other squads really are geared that way either. Are you riding him solo? With Khan? Or going in with your troops, which really are just gun platforms with those grav weapons?

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
I would argue that you should either drop the tau, or drop that baddass CC biker. For those points you could get 10 more bikes! 10! I think they'd do better than him at almost anything.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I agree with the above, drop the CM and add as many bikes as u can fit in. the Tau I can help with, go dual plasma or dual Melta, If u want Missile pods then take Broadsides not suits.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Revised. Thank you for the feedback so far. The idea is that I can hit and run so fast that nothing can catch them and lock them down. I have had great success with similar list. Not sure if the riptide is worth it, down size and put another crisis suit team. I would probably put farsight in along with another scoring unit.

HQ
Warlord
Khan 150
Bike
Librarian 110
Bike, ML2
Tau Commander 144
2 Fusion, TL 2 Shield Drones

Elite
Riptide 235
HBC, Fusion, Earth Caste, Tailsman

Troop
6x Bikes 156
2 Grav Guns, Power Axe
6x Bikes 156
2 Grav Guns, Power Sword
6x Bikes 180,
2 Meltas, Power First
10x Tactical 150
Flamer, Heavy Bolter
3x Crisis Suits
2 Plasma, ATS

Fast Attack
Storm Talon 125
Skyhammer

Heavy Support
Storm Raven 255
ML, Hurricane
Total 1850

·
Registered
430 Posts
I like this second list Much better. the tau all work well and pair nicely with the bikes. I could even see your bikes charging in to help outt he suits if they get caught in assault.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to balance the theme of farsight tactics with a competitive build.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts