Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get either blue or pink foam in 1/2" and 3/4" thicknesses but I really need some of the 3" (or 4", if it exists) for a project I'm working on. If anyone knows anywhere online, or in person either in Houston or Texas where I can get the thicker stuff, please help.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good luck with this hunt friend. Here in CA it is very nearly an extinct species. The web sites for the big hardware places all claim to have it but now where really does when you get to it. I have heard from varying sources that the stuff has been banned in CA and other states are following suit.

·
Registered
380 Posts
You can try ordering from Wildlife Artist Supply Co. www.wasco.com/

They have foam in several sizes, even a big 12x12x24 block! You may find a number of other handy materials there. I got 2 quarts of Aves epoxy putty there for about $40. Not bad, considering that much putty should handle enough projects for a year. I believe they also have some nice heated foam cutters, too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can try ordering from Wildlife Artist Supply Co. www.wasco.com/

They have foam in several sizes, even a big 12x12x24 block! You may find a number of other handy materials there. I got 2 quarts of Aves epoxy putty there for about $40. Not bad, considering that much putty should handle enough projects for a year. I believe they also have some nice heated foam cutters, too.
My LHS has a really nice hot wire foam cutter that I am eyeballing ATM. I really hate ordering things on the web. It is a drain on the local economy that the web can sell things at a huge discount and there is no tax on it in most states. So I am stuck with out a local source of blue-board. I have been told by train modelers that there is place about 100 miles away that still carries it in various sizes and large quantities. I can't justify driving that far for insulation so I will be buying the hot wire cutter and regular expanded foam boards from Lowes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts