Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm struggling to decide upon a chaos undivided warband, I want them undivided as I'm planning to add them to my daemons which won't be god specific. However every warband I come across seems to be red and I'd rather stay away from aspects that may pin point them towards worshiping a certain god. Do you have any suggestions?

Edit: If there isn't one I was thinking of taking one of the abyssal crusade fallen chapters, coming up with a neutral scheme for them and go with that, although I'm having a slight problem on the colour department.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hakanor's Reavers: Black Armour plates, Silver Trim with cracked lava effect on the armour plates.
Night Stalkers: Light lilac with deep purple shading on the Armour Plates, Gold Trim.
Iron Warriors: Lead Belcher armor, Gold Trim, Black shoulder pads, and yellow and black warning stripes.
Alpha Legion: Blue and green blended armour with Silver trim.
Night Lords: Deep Blue armour, Gold Trim, Bone skulls with red bat wings and lightning motif.
Black Legion: Black armour, Gold/Silver trim, Yellow Eye of Horus symbol.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Legions_and_Warbands_(List)

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering, if I did a scheme that was predominantly doombull brown, do you think it's worth using the new mournfang brown spray first?

·
Registered
585 Posts
What is it with GW painting all the chaos undivided warbands red? I'd go with one of the abyssal crusade chapters if I were you. Just pick one that you like the sound of and have fun.

I'd probably go for a chaos black spray if you are using doombull brown as its more of a red/brown. Mournfang brown is more of a medium brown and might be a bit light as an undercoat.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok cool I'll stick with black.

On the issue of the schemes, yeah it annoys me, they are either black or red and the god dedicated warbands are pink, blue, disease like green or more red. Even the Corsairs are red and black. I'll be using the more detailed models from the dark vengeance set, so schemes like the bleak brotherhood and flames etc might be a problem so I've ruled them out, so I dunno.

Edit: I might try yellow with a Casandora wash with some sort of trim. Then again that may be a pain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts