Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to order some bits I need for my SM army and I was hoping I could get some suggestions on where a good place to get them might be. Yes I know I can just Google "Warhammer 40k bits" or go to ebay but I'd rather be pointed to an exact website or ebay seller. Instead of just assuming which is best I'd rather use one supported by "word of mouth".

Few details, I'm in the US (New York to be exact), would prefer low shipping costs but shipping time doesn't matter too much. As for what I'm looking for at the moment, see below. Thanks.

5x SM Legs
5x Backpacks
2x ASM Legs
2x Jump Packs
2x LA/RA + Combi-weapon
2x LA/RA + Flamer
1x LA/RA Grav-gun
4x Shoulders
1x Terminator CML
1x Dreadnought LA
1x Dreadnought RA

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use mostly eBay, which is worth it if you buy quiet a bit. This is to compensate for $3-5 shipping cost. 'window-box' and 'Bits-World' are the ones that I generally deal with. They both have pretty good selections and fair prices.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I tend to shop around a number of shops and work out the cheapest deals that way...

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I tend to shop at Hoard O' Bits in the states, because that's where they're based as well. I've had mixed luck with Bits & Kits (no offense to him, but truth), mostly because post from UK to the US has taken forever. Twice I've had to check back 6 weeks later, and both times reshipped to me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Whoever you go with don't use bitzbarn, they sent me the wrong things and would not answer my emails to sort it out, had to get paypal to intervene in the end, but by far the worst site I've dealt with is modelbits.co.uk who took my money but as to date still have sent me naff all despite many emails asking what the hell is going on, still I suppose it's only been 6 months! I ordered the parts from bitzandkits in the end

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I use mostly eBay, which is worth it if you buy quiet a bit. This is to compensate for $3-5 shipping cost. 'window-box' and 'Bits-World' are the ones that I generally deal with. They both have pretty good selections and fair prices.

THese are the two bits sites that I use from ebay since they usually have everything I need. The prices are good and shipping is quick inside the states.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well it seems that I may not needs as many extra bits as I thought. I'm looking to pick up a Sternguard Veteran Squad and it looks like I'll have some of the extra bits I need from there. Granted I still need legs, always need legs!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ended up going with Black Dagger games via Ebay. They had all the bits I needed, some were a bit more than other places (talking cents, not dollars). Low shipping cost was great too. Looks like my army will soon be WYSIWYG 100%. Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got all my bits from Black Dagger yesterday, took less than a week to get them too me. All the bits were in perfect shape. Already have everything glued and ready for priming tonight.

I'd def use them again and recommend them to others.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts