Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You go to a tourny and someone pulls this out, what do you do?

HQ
Chaos Lord 150
-Terminator, MoK, AoBF

Troops
x10 Cultist 50
x10 Cultist 50

Elite
x3 Terminators 325
-Landraider
x3 Terminators 325
-Landraider
x3 Terminators 325
-Landraider

Fast Attack
Heldrake 170
Heldrake 170

Heavy Support
Predator 95
-Heavy Bolter
Predator 95
-Heavy Bolter
Predator 95
-Heavy Bolter

·
Registered
2 Posts
I try and run the Flyers off the board while converging on the Warlord and smashing him to pieces with multiple units while kind of going "LALALALALA I can't hear you" about the rest of the army.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Actually, that's not a bad tactic. He has nothing that can score. Yes, Helldrakes are brutal for the most part, but entire metas are built around the possibility of them now... How long would they swoop around avoiding Aegis Quads or HYMP broadsides? The Predators are cheap, but they won't rip through other tanks. The Land Raiders could be a threat, and they will be, but a few pieces of armor might die and then those lascannons are only taking out one or two infantry a turn.

In my own Chaos Army, I'd be using Obliterator Lascannons on the Raiders to slow them down, with Blastmasters to pop the Predators. One sweep of my own Helldrakes and no more cultists. Poof, you can't win. I use scoring Thousand Sons... they tarpit Termies easy enough.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Kill the scoring units--the cultists. Use my anti-air to end Heldrakes, taking perhaps a turn or two per Drake given how tough they are. Shoot the Lord with S8 AP2 (or better) weapons until he drops.

If CSM, use my plague marines as melta Land Raider crackers/bait to get him to disembark so I can countercharge with my bikers. Lord vs Lord showdown, and I have the edge with the same axe and a Sigil of Corruption and higher T.

If I'm playing Daemons, a Soul Grinder or Monstrous Creature slaughters his Lord (the latter smashing before he can strike), and my Daemonettes/Seekers/Plaguebearers rend/rust the land raiders to death on the charge (forcing emergency disembarkation, probably). Still focus on scoring units with my mobile elements. Suffer the Drakes, or drop them with a Lord of Change/Lash of Despair to Drake rear armor. Perhaps a Hail Mary with the Soul Grinders, since they'll have precious little to Phlegm.

My Guard... Would have trouble against this list, yes. Don't have enough anti AV 14, so I'd have to bait out the Termis with a line infantry squad to slaughter, then shoot them en mass. My Vendettas (after dealing with Drakes) and Manticores and Russes will focus on bashing in his Preds and scoring units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts