Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would introduce the Dark Angels army I'm working on. Progress is slow as I'm bouncing between working on three different armies at the moment and some various side projects. So hopefully by putting this on here, you all can give me a kick in the ass for motivation.
Full list of everything:
50 PA Marines: 8 CS/Bolter, 30 Bolter, 12 Hvy/spec wep
10 Scouts: 10 Sniper, 2 magnetized to switch to rocket launcher (5 pictured)
10 Knights
25 Termanators: Magnetized for weapon swapping
10 Vets: Magnetized for weapon swapping
Samauel on Corvex
Asmodai
Belial
Azrael
Ezekial
3 Librarians
2 Chaplin: PA and Term
20 Bikes
3 Attack bikes (not pictured)
2 LRC
1 Drop Pod
3 Flyers (magnetized)
2 Predators: Auto cannon/lascan sides
Whirlwind (not pictured)
ADL (not pictured)
2 Darkshroud/vengeance (magnetized)
2 Vindicators
2 Landspeeders (1 pictured)
And now, the pictures:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
wow!!! thats alot of painting! will be hard to keep motivated and on track. whats you time line for completing everything?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Fatmantis: I want to have all 3 (Crons, DA, CSM) done by December. That's when my Deadzone and Robotech stuff gets here.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Oh good grief you have a lot of work to do >.>

I recommend hiding most of the models in a box so that you don't keep looking up at them and remembering that no matter how much progress you make you still have a billion more models to do :p

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
you have my psychological support man. show those piece of plastic who's the boss!!! PAINT THEM ALL, FOR THE EMPEROR!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Wombat_tree: They are in plastic containers sitting on a shelf in my bedroom behind a door. Had everything on the painting table, but found that as I tried to paint, seeing all that was before me kind of threw me off and I'd stop painting. So they are hidden as I work on one set at a time.
@Neferhet: Thanks! Any support is more than welcome!
@Jacobite: Yes and no. Bought an airbrush a few months back and been working with that. All the PA Marines are primed in black and the green as airbrushed on. Then I do the rest by hand (highlights, weapon, eyes, etc). For the vehicles, the ones that have paint on them, they are done with the airbrush too. Most of them can be done with the airbrush before going to hand work.

Note: With random models I've been doing different things so I can practice new techniques. I've finally listened to what people have said and started thinning my paints down instead of painting straight from the bottle. Made a HUGE difference. Also that's why you see all the Knights in pieces on the towel. They were stripped after I painted them and didnt like it. Wanted to do them over again. But, it let me test out the color scheme.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Non picture update: Been working on the term's. Havn't been painting them yet though. Working on getting the magnets in place in the bodies/arms right now. Took a bit of a break when I put the drill bit into my finger. Lucky I only dug into the meat of finger and not down to the bone! Still hurt like a bitch though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts