Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an idea that came into my head the other day. Dante makes all the Sanguniary Guard troops, so why not?

HQ: 410

1 Commander Dante 225
1 Reclusiarch 155
w/ Jump Pack

Elites: 250

1 Furioso Dreadnought 250
w/ Librarian, Wings of Sanguinius, Blood Lance
1 Sanguinary Priest 75
w/ Jump Pack

Troops: 1175

5 Sanguinary Guard 260
w/ Chapter Banner, Death Masks, 1 Power Fist
5 Sanguinary Guard 220
w/ 1 Infernus Pistol, 1 Power Fist
5 Sanguinary Guard 245
w/ Death Masks, Iferneus Pistol, 1 Power Fist
5 Sanguinary Guard 245
w/ 2 Power Fists, Death Masks
5 Sanguinary Guard 230
w/ 2 Power Fists

Heavy Support: 140

1 Dreadnought 140
w/ Drop Pod

Reclusiarch will go in any Sang. Guard. Dante will go in the one with the Chapter Banner, and the Sang. Priest will go in any that the Reclusiarch doesn't go in.

Go and tear this appart. :).

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
meh nothing 90 gaunts and 40 stealers can't take on (except for the fucking librarian dreads)

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
I think this is called bloodwing or something like that. Yeah it looks ok, not much of a BA player but this would be mean to fight.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Depends. Pure loganwing? I would bet on this although you will have the same number of units but they may be better in the attack, I don't know to much about BA, but you should get the assault.. Maybe. Competitive loganwing does a but load of damage when they come in so I suppose a competition loganwing list. I have never seen a bloodwing in action and I lost my BA codex so I can't really call it. For the most part, what mech you do have will be gone when they hit the field.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your list will work until you meet someone who spams plasma.
Also the longest range wep you have is 24'' and find your anti inf lacking, maybe give some sang guard hand flamers.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Drop the reclusiarch, you already re-roll to hit. Also, drop the two dreads and add in some fire support. Replace the Reclusiarch with a librarian armed w/a jump pack with blood lance and shield of s. as his powers.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
are you going for a specific point value? cuz thats 2045, kinda random i guess ok but you could make it more clockwise with the points... Def add more anti-infantry and does anyone know where i can find the differences between Dante and Mephiston in the old and new versions? thanks and looks good i guess
Blood Wing destroys cuz its BA duh SW are lame in comparison

*Edit* Oh yeah def add Death co and make rechlusiarch a normal chaplain: get librarian
drop dreadnought and 1 sang guard squad to get a good tank: preferably good anti-infantry, but tanks are always great
and check out my army its pretty intense link bellow paintings not done cleaning up assault squad red so yeah tell me what you think of counts a mephiston and seriousely where do you find that stuff?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know almost nothing about SW's but dante all the way he'd never go down agaisnt a scruffy biker like logan i' building a "bloodwing" force here's my take on it

HQ - Dante
HQ - Sanguinor

EL - 3 Priests, 3 Jump Packs, 3 Power weapons

TR - 5 Sanguinary Guard, 2 infernus pistols, powerfist
TR - 5 Sanguinary Guard, 2 infernus pistols, powerfist
TR - 5 Sanguinary Guard, 2 plasma pistols
TR - 5 Sanguinary Guard, 2 plasma pistols
TR - 5 assault marines, meltagun, Sarge w/ power weapon, infernus pistol

FA - Land speeder tornado, assault cannon, hvy bolter
FA - Land speeder typhoon, multi melta

your gonna have to keep everything together you can't let it get thinned out & i don't think you have enough priests massed fire will smoke your guard & so as mentioned earlier on will nids :russianroulette:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would Change to:

Dante
Liberian with Sheild of S give your units a cover save!

Lib. Dreadnought
3x Sanguinary priests give each squad FNP and FC!

Sang Guard
Sang Guard
Sang Guard

Death Company, Jumpacks and Lemartes

Dont know how many points that quite comes to, but itll hit like a hammer. The problem is surviability. Untill you get close enough, the army is going to get shot the crap out of. However, once close enough, your going to tear apart pracitcally anything.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would probably drop both dreads for Dev Marines. For a squad of a sarge and 4 man, you get a lot of missle for cheap, which allows you to dump missles onto transports/relatively tough armour or templates onto hordes. At the moment you are heavily outnumbered, so you need to provide in other ways.

I would also drop the other HQ for either a Libarian, or for more San Priest. These guys are already fairly accurate on the charge anyway, so rerolls are not as good here as elsewhere.

I would also drop the deathmasks for more melta pistols, unlike conventional BA you don't have assualt marines to crack open transports, so you need to make each squad fairly capable of cracking open transports so they can get where they are needed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Your list will work until you meet someone who spams plasma.
Also the longest range wep you have is 24'' and find your anti inf lacking, maybe give some sang guard hand flamers.

Sang guard can't have flamers & it won't matter if you only have 24" you can DoA inside that range

1 - 13 of 13 Posts