2 combi meltas
drop pod

thunderwolf cavalry x3
bolter
melta bomb

long fangs x5
4x multi melta
drop pod

so logan goes with the long fangs. the lord with the thunderwolf cavalry. the idea is to get into assaults or pop the heavy support before it can target the lord, although i think they wont be too high on the priority list with a dreadnought and logan up in their face. they get assaulted and the cavalry comes in for back up. i know there aren't a lot of troops in this list but i wanted a dread and a group of long fangs with logan with some thunder wolf cavalry and a lord as back up. my original thought was scouts and a few drop pods with more cavalry coming to the rescue, but i felt the scouts too unreliable and i wanted something for sure on turn 1.

plus, if they don't have anything that can deep strike or outflank/infiltrate and they see your podding so they hold everything in reserves you can do one of the cheapest things ever. you can win the war without firing a single bullet.

lets say you got first turn. you drop in like 8 inches away from his table edge with the WG and logans group. hope you dont scatter off the table and run them towards the table edge. he goes and cant do anything yet so its your turn again. if your lucky you win right there and you get the last unit of wolf guard in. you move and line your unit up against the table edge stretching them out as much ass possible. on a 4 foot table you win without anything else coming in. on a 6 foot you need at least one more pod to come in. if your opponent cant deep strike or outflank and he cant walk on because there isnt a spot where your not he has to hold everything in reserves and if the game ends with any unit in reserves it counts as KIA. dead. it's cheap but it's a good defense against people who hold everything in reserves.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Not bad. I would boost the WG man counts a bit, remove the dread and replace it with two LS with HF MM. Save 10 points and potential for more damage.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
So far the only potentially effective Loganwing army at this point level.

Good hunting and +rep for the awesome list.

·
Registered
344 Posts
as for your point about dealing with full reserves, what if the opponent has tanks jump infantry or skimmers?

He can shock through you line over the Thunderwolves with bolters preferably using some heavier vehicles so the rending won't hurt him to much , then you hideously over extended and have the majority of foot troops away from your objectives, they pour firepower into the units that are close to them and then drive the hell away.

IT will work against all foot armies that go full reserve or if you get ridiculously luck but if it fails, and since standard tables are 6 footers odds are it will, it really hurts you. while you will generally know if you opponent has mech in advance you won't try it against them you won't be so screwed you don't really have any defense against full reserves except foot armies if your lucky.

@ Inquisitor Malaclypse
WHy is everyone saying happy hunting now? IF it was like one persons catchphrase it woul be cool but you do it raptors 8th does it guys on the other forums I visit do it, I would understand if it was just you it would be cool, and maybe you were into it before everyone else is but it's kind of overdone now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as for your point about dealing with full reserves, what if the opponent has tanks jump infantry or skimmers?

He can shock through you line over the Thunderwolves with bolters preferably using some heavier vehicles so the rending won't hurt him to much , then you hideously over extended and have the majority of foot troops away from your objectives, they pour firepower into the units that are close to them and then drive the hell away.

IT will work against all foot armies that go full reserve or if you get ridiculously luck but if it fails, and since standard tables are 6 footers odds are it will, it really hurts you. while you will generally know if you opponent has mech in advance you won't try it against them you won't be so screwed you don't really have any defense against full reserves except foot armies if your lucky.

@ Inquisitor Malaclypse
WHy is everyone saying happy hunting now? IF it was like one persons catchphrase it woul be cool but you do it raptors 8th does it guys on the other forums I visit do it, I would understand if it was just you it would be cool, and maybe you were into it before everyone else is but it's kind of overdone now.
yeah i thought i said if the opponent was foot slogging. my bad. i noticed the happy hunting thing too but i just shrugged and went on my way.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
yeah i thought i said if the opponent was foot slogging. my bad. i noticed the happy hunting thing too but i just shrugged and went on my way.
That’s one hell of an if to hinge and entire strategy on. No one really uses footsloggers anymore.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s one hell of an if to hinge and entire strategy on. No one really uses footsloggers anymore.
oh really, bugs aren't used anymore? who knew... :shok:

it's situational. if someone is foot slogging and your dropping you can possibly go for an insta win if he holds in reserves. it's not useful all the time but some people wouldn't think of it. i thought it was chancy but i wanted to throw it out there.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Sorry, don't really face those often and that’s only a small % of what is out there. I try and go for more of a guarantee when it comes to this game. I don't like to take big risks or plan for anything like this. I like to plan for the worst situation. One reason why I really don't like iffy lists like poding armies. Don’t get me wrong, if this situation arises it’s a hell of a cheesy move, which I like, its just not something I would plan on happening.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, don't really face those often and that’s only a small % of what is out there. I try and go for more of a guarantee when it comes to this game. I don't like to take big risks or plan for anything like this. I like to plan for the worst situation. One reason why I really don't like iffy lists like poding armies. Don’t get me wrong, if this situation arises it’s a hell of a cheesy move, which I like, its just not something I would plan on happening.
yeah seems to be a one time use thing that would be worth a good laugh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts