Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the army challenge is upon us and I have been coerced, threatened and generally advised to enter. Last year was a spectacular failure so this year I have decided to return to something I enjoy painting - Flames of War Germans. I thought a log would be a good way to go.

First up, a word on the plastic miniatures from Battlefront - excellent. These guys have actual faces and not the amorphous blobs that they seemed to be ten years ago. The weapons have also been massively improved and I am genuinely looking forward to getting some paint on these guys.

Theatre wise its late war I am looking at, 1944 onwards. This means lots of cool smocks, field caps, camo patterns and a chance to paint each soldier as an individual; no massed rank of the same colour but a mix of different tunic patterns and colours, different camouflage. There is also a good mix of rifles, SMG's, panzerfausts and panzerschreks to give it that late war feel.

To start off with, I am painting the company HQ and one squad of Grenadiers. Only 21 figures but hopefully the individual look will make them stand out.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Brings on teh peedotz!!! :crazy:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on these bro! :good:

So, the army challenge is upon us and I have been coerced, threatened and generally advised to enter.
Lies. It was an offer you couldn't refuse....

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well three down before I got distracted with Malifaux;

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
That guy on the right looks dodgy as fuck.

Like he's got cartons of dodgy cigs to shift or something..... :laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts