Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So once again, work and grown up stuff has curtailed my painting. This sucks verily. I now have a bit of me time and intend to re-start the projects that I have been working on. My painting challenge has gone all to cock again so I am going to use this thread as a log of the bits and pieces that I work on across a number of different systems.

Bolt Action British Infantry

Bit more weathering required and the markings are not very accurate but I really enjoyed putting this model together.

Deadzone

This Plague gang were an absolute nightmare to prep; I spent about three hours removing flash but they paint surprisingly well.

I'm hoping to update the log fairly regularly as I have set myself a target of having my entire 985 point British Infantry and my Deadzone gang painted by the end of September.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Looking good bro :good:

This month is a double for the APC if you really want a challenge :wink:

·
Registered
585 Posts
This Plague gang were an absolute nightmare to prep; I spent about three hours removing flash but they paint surprisingly well.
Good to see some Deadzone models being painted. I picked up a marauder starter set and think the hard plastic is hard to work with. Did you have any mould line down the face issues?

Keep it up mate. Nice work. :good:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to see some Deadzone models being painted. I picked up a marauder starter set and think the hard plastic is hard to work with. Did you have any mould line down the face issues?

Keep it up mate. Nice work. :good:
Cheers dude. There was a lot of mould lines but mainly on torsos and weapons. The stage 1 Plague guy was an absolute pain in the arse, I just kept finding more and more lines and excess plastic. Plus one of the hounds has a properly deformed face that I cannot do a thing with.

Still, a gang and cards for £16 is something of a bargain so I can see past it for the most part.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More progress made on my Bolt Action British. Two more riflemen completed, just need to complete another rifleman and NCO and the section will be completed.

Also added more weathering/mud to the Sherman.

I'm trying to keep the army as much plastic as I can so later on today I shall be bodging together a sniper team, a medic and a forward observer.

Reactions: Khorne's Fist

·
8,723 Posts
Good stuff bro! :good:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First Infantry Section finished and completed.

Deadzone Plague Ganger

HQ for my 15mm Bolt Action German kampfgruppe;

With X Wing taking up pretty much all of my hobby time I feel that I have neglected the painting side of things recently so am hoping to move forward with a lot of my outstanding projects in the next few weeks.

Next up will be more Deadzone, a sniper and PIAT team for my Bolt Action Brits, a bit more 15mm ECW that I have yet to finish and maybe even a return to my Imperial Guard.....

·
8,723 Posts
Nice work bro.
We're definitely having a bang at BA in 15mm then? :good:

Got the paints out myself at the minute...... :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice work bro.
We're definitely having a bang at BA in 15mm then? :good:
Absolutely. I magicked up 1500 points from a bunch of stuff I had lying round on my desk. Win!

·
8,723 Posts
Awesome.

I'll have a butchers at some point at what I've got lying around :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Having a bit of a foray into 28mm Inquisitor....

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor

Not entirely sure where this is heading but I see it as an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor and his retinue.

·
8,723 Posts
28mm Inquisitor is it....? :good:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Few more additions from the dungeon on my grimdark kitbashing quest....

Gunslinger/hired gun. Ex Imperial officer turned scum.

Rogue Trader. The plan is to complete his retinue of questionable chums, hired guns, mutants and an all manner of assorted ne'er do wells.

·
8,723 Posts
Loving the RT bro! :good:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Loving the RT bro! :good:
Cheers bro!

Really enjoyed putting this together. Kitbashing a servo-skull was actually really good fun :grin:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Abhuman mercenary for my Rogue Trader's band;

Few gaps to fill in and add a bit more equipment so a WIP at this stage. Bits have been ordered to kitbash an assassin......

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
I Love the Abhuman! I was thinking of making some beast men types for my Chaos forces, what parts did you use for the kit-bash.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I Love the Abhuman! I was thinking of making some beast men types for my Chaos forces, what parts did you use for the kit-bash.
Very simple kit bash this;

Lower half of a DKoK trooper
Empire Greatswords torso (although any torso would probably do)
Cadian lasgun arms
WFB Beastman head.

I wanted to give the impression of him in the middle of a firefight and am quite happy with the way it turned out.

For my Inq28 work I tend to combine a lot of Empire/Cadian bits as it gives a good mix of solid military mixed with the eccentric side of the dark 40k universe.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Few more additions. I have moved away from having my Inquisitor as a power armoured brute and decided to go for a more subtle approach....

I have also been working on another recruit for my Rogue Traders band of merry folk;

She's a scum/mercenary/pirate type and fits in well with the band of misfits that will eventually comprise my Rogue Trader's crew.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts