Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Backstory:
Locust was once the most skilled sniper in his regiment 302nd Wojownik, serving on the front lines on planet Arkios Minor. At first sniping tau leaders and then fighting off swarms off tyranids. Locust was killed saving a female Tau Human auxiliary from a carnifex, who would shortly afterward prove to be a very powerful psyker now known as the Saint(Im going with that since the Tau aren't really that concerned about psykers they did not screen, this is why there needs to be more tau books, please note that it was a HUMAN auxiliary NOT a TAU fire warrior).

During the final battle with the tyranid, every synapses creature was sniped from the walls. The Tau's leading ethereal was killed when a Mawlock dug into the command bunker. Shortly after the final tyranid was killed a large group of the imperial forces revolted following the Saint and her demoralised Tau. Imperial ground commanders were quickly killed and the remaining forces joined, it is now know that it was Locust, but one question still remains how is it that he was alive.

Now Locust marches to war alongside the Saints Blades, a mercenary group now made of the Tau and humans, killing all who is unlucky enough to fall into his scopes.

Stats
Points WS BS S T W I A LD SV
?----4-4-3--3--2--3--2-10-4+

(Note: I stat bashed him with the IG Com and Tau Eth)

Equipment: Pulse pistol, rail rifle.

From the dead:
Locust has the feel no pain special rule, do to what ever brought him back.

No retreat!
Locust shoots any infantry who flees the field of battle. Any unit within range of his Rail Rifle may remove one model to re-roll any failed moral test.
,limited to one per turn

Inspiring Presence:
All units on his side may re-roll any moral test.
(Note this is a ethereal special rule)
Master of stealth:
Locust has the Infiltrate rule

I want to know what would be the points for this and what is a good name for the planet.
(Changed)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Really no comments not even; "This is the dumbest *orange* on terra", "You *orange* at writing fluff", or "I don't care what you name the planet".

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Backstory:
Locust was once the most skilled Blank sniper in his regiment 302nd Wojownik, serving on the front lines on planet ____. At first sniping tau leaders and then fighting off swarms off tyranids. Locust was killed saving a female Tau Human auxiliary from a carifex, who would shortly afterward proved to be a very powerful psyker now known as the Saint.

During the final battle with the tyranid, every synapses creature was sniped from the walls. Shortly after the final tyranid was killed a small group of the tau and a large group of the imperial forces revolted following the Saint. Both tau and imperial commanders were quickly killed (Sorry, just had to interject here the Tau don't really do revolts. They are die hard followers of the "Greater good". The closest you get it Commander Farsight(?) and even he didn't openly revolt, he just disappeared from the Tau radars. Humans on the other had, have be known to revolt and side with the Tau. I would just make it that a large portion of the imperial guard regiments revolted and joined the Tau) and the remaining forces, it is now know that it was Locust, but one question still remains how is it that he was alive, the remaining forces chose to follow the Saint rather than go back to their empires in disgrace.

Now Locust marches to war alongside the Saints blades, a mercenary group now, killing all who ever is unluck enough to fall into his scopes friends or foe.

Ok, not to bad up to this point, except Tau don't have psykers, they don't register in the warp. I'd make it an Etherial. Nice basic fluff but you might want to flesh it out, such as previous actions to the Tau/Tyranid fighting, name of the hive fleet they were fighting, etc. Also, You might want to give this campaign a name. So like the Arkios campaign, and then use that as a base fore your planet's name, so like Arkios VI/Arkios prime/Arkios III

Stats
Points WS BS S T W I A LD SV
?-------5---4--3--3--2--3-3-10--4+

Not a ridiculously overpowered stat line. Not sure why he has two wound, as he is just a regular human, but seeing as your fluff indicates he's come back from the dead, I'll let it slide. Not too sure why he has WS 5, I mean, sure he can fight tyranids and stuff, but even the Space marines that have fought tyranids only have WS 4. Also, why does he have 3 attacks. Again, most marines don't have that, and only like really senior guardsmen have that. I would lower it to 2. I think that would be more acceptable. Otherwise, still ok so far. I would rate the stat line at about 55 points

Equipment: Pulse pistol, rail rifle.

Don't know too much about Tau, so I'll give these the green light also. If he's supposed to be awesome in CC, then it might be an idea to give him like a combat blade or something. Just a thought. I don't know the points cost of these, but assuming you add a combat knife, I would say it's all about 30. So we are up to 85 points.

From the dead:
Locust has the eternal warrior trait do to what ever brought him back.

Ok, now it starts to get a bit silly. How does some sniper guy have eternal warrior. I mean I know "he cheated death" or whatever, but if you read Kharn the Betrayer's profile, he was at the fore-front of the fighting at the Imperial palace, got killed, his mates drag him back to their ship, and then he comes back to life, and he DOESN'T have eternal warrior. I think you should drop this, and maybe replace it with a 5+ invulnerable save, or FNP, but something that isn't EW. If he gets either of my suggestions, I would add another 15 points, so that's 100 points.

Purge the heritic:
Locust shoots any infantry who flees the field of battle. Any unit within Line of sight of Locust may remove one model to pass any failed moral test.
,limited to one per turn

Not to keen on the name, it sounds misleading. I would call it like "No retreat!" or something. Also, I would make it like the Commissar's rule, where they just re-roll the moral check. Also, I would give it a limited range, so only as far as his sniper reaches, because it would be a bit silly if he can hit an friendly unit that is 72" away, just because he can see them, but can hit and enemy that is 48" away. It's a bit like "Who's side are you on?" I would make this cost about 10 points (if you make it the commissar rule), as it's once per turn. and they can still fail like that. so we are now at 110 points.

Inspiring Presence:
All units on his side may re-roll any moral test.

Ok, I get that he's good and all, but ALL units on his side? The only person I know who has a rule like that is Marneus Calgar, who is a little more inspiring than some lonely sniper. I think it could be something like if the units are within 6/12", because then they can see him being a bad-ass sniper, and are like "Yeah come on, we can win this!" So my thought for this would be about 15 points, as it can be very helpful. Ok, so total it 125 points so far.

Master of stealth:
Locust has the Infiltrate rule

Fair enough, he's a sniper. I think IG snipers get this anyway, so I would not make this cost anything as he would already have it.

Enemy of the Warp:
A psyker is not able do use any of it's powers within 12' of Locust.

Ok, now this is just ridiculous! I think the only person who might have a rule like that is Angron, only because he's a big hulking daemon primarch who is blessed obscenely by Khorne. Even the Celexus assassins, you know the ones that are pariahs and are basically negative pyskers, don't do that. I'm not really sure why he even has this rule, as he just targets enemy commanders, not psykers specifically. I would just scrap this rule. Unless you want to include that he is in fact a blank, and then you can give him the following rules, which all banks have:

Psychic abomination:

All pyskers within 12" of Locust at the start of their turn must take a morale check. If they fail, they fall back.

Terrifying presence (This isn't what the rule is called, but I've lost my Daemonhunters codex at this moment, but I know what it does):

All units within 6" are reduced to Ld 7 (unless their Ld is normally lower)

So that's all I can offer, but I would just scrap this rule, as it's not necessary it's overpowered, and doesn't really have any fluff basis. So it you take my suggestions, even then they are very powerful rules, so for Psychic abomination, about 25 points, and probably about 20 for the Terrifying presence. so my total for points is 170 points. That is just a rough guess, I'd get some other opinions.

I want to know what would be the points for this and what is a good name for the planet.

As stated before, come up with a name for the campaign for a system of worlds, and then chose a planet (World X prime/World X VI/World X III)
Hope that stuff helps mate! :eek:k:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've corrected the stats,changed some of the spec rules, please note that I didn't say TAU psyker I said HUMAN

1 - 4 of 4 Posts