Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
Like high elfs I Was not that bothered by this month releases. I think it is manly that other army books should got an update before them cough woods elfs, cough Brets, cough.

·
Registered
285 Posts
That is the ugliest carnasaur I ever seen...... well their goes my lizardman army. It Doesn't look like a t-rex or ...any dino really, just kinda looks like a Inostrancevia.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Oh dear, so much opportunity waisted, if they had done a plastic slann mage priest they would of sold like hotcakes, instead its more finecast, and underwhelming new releases, and as many as I can count on half a hand.........and another special edition book *double facepalm* GW go home, your drunk.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I must say I really like the release. I feel the Terradons new sty isn't that fantastic but I absolutely adore Gor Rok. So sweet.

One thing I must add, is that does anyone else see conversion potential for the Bastiladon as a Squiggoth? Cover it in armor panels and orky glyphs, give it a larger lower jaw with tusks, you have a trukk sized squiggoth right there.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Hmm, so the limited/collectors edition thing isn't just confined to the Horus Heresy series then.

I quite like the Carnosaur, but it just doesn't look even half as good as the original one.

Who really has just shy of a grand to spend on that phalanx as well? Crazy.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Dat Bastilidon. I actually really like it. The characters a a bit meh, Terradons are no worse but no better than their previous incarnations, and the Carnosaur is plastic, which is an improvement, but that's about it.

Midnight

·
Registered
61 Posts
Think the stegadon looks cute and the bastilladon (stupid name btw) looks cuddly. :D
The monsters are actually rather fun. Not exactly grimdark gothic but great toy potential.
I sooooo want a bastilladon as a fluffy toy.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
I've changed my mind, this release and models are amazing, what changed my mind you wonder?, simple, I saw the games day model *pukes*......*pukes again*

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Carnosaur/Troglodon: I really like it, it looks fecking huge and the pose is good. The riders are nicely posed as well I think.

Bastiladon: Not a huge fan of this one seeing as it looks pretty much exactly the same as a Ankylosauras. There's using something as a referance and the start of a concept and then there is that... direct copy. The snake weapon is kinda a cool idea though.

Terradon/Ripperdactyl Riders: Designwise for the Terradons... somebodies been watching too much Avatar I think. The head is particular looks to be a spitting image. Love the bases though.

Tetto'eko: Skin on a slann seat? Cool. Nice pose.

Gor-Rok: Pose is cool. Not a huge fan of the paint job though. There is white and there is that...

Skink Priest: A bit OTT with the feathers but still it's not bad.

Overall the Skinks seem to be getting a bit bigger and taking on design features in the head area of the old Sauras minis which I'm not a fan of but overall I think it's some pretty good releases.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts