Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Predictions Section

Rumoured Release
August 2013

General Codex Information
Author:
State: Most likely at the Printers (90+ days prior to release)

· 96 page full colour, hardback Warhammer army book.
· Contains new Artwork, Background and Rules whilst showcasing the Warhammer miniature range.

Rules

-Swarms now useful
-Slanns more expensive

Lord/Heroes

Core

Special

Rare

-Carnosaur cavalry as rare choice

Special Characters

New Units

Model Releases
Warhammer: Lizardmen Carnosaur
· This box contains a multi-part plastic kit that makes one of four possible massive center-piece miniatures.
· HUGE - 8 inches long by 5 inches tall
· Can make an Oldblood on Carnosaur, Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur, Kroq-Gar on Carnosaur or Troglodon with Skink Oracle.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Terradon/ Ripperdactyl Riders
· This box contains a multi-part plastic kit that can be assemble as either 3 Terradons or 3 Ripperdactyls, flying cavalry mounts ridden by Lizardmen Skinks.
· Included Parts to upgrade one Terradon rider to the special character Tiktaq'to.

Warhammer: Lizardman Bastiladon
· This box contains a brand new multipart plastic kit that makes a Bastiladon carrying either a Solar Engine or an Ark of Sotek.

Warhammer: Lizardman Skink Priest
· An addition to the popular plastic heroes Clampacks.
· The Lizardman Skink Priest is adorned in feathered plumes and carries a traditional Lizardman totem.

New Finecast Releases
Warhammer: Lizardmen Gor-Rok
· A Clampack that contains one highly detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature.
· A Lizardmen Special Character particularly suited to close combat.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Tetto'eko
· A boxset containing one finely detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature.
· A skink Priets on a Palanquin

Other
-No sacred spawns

Pictures:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
apart from the release date i've heard bugger all so far about lizardmen,
looking forward to see what they do with them here

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Was there not a Lustria book rumoured soon? that is lizard men isn't it? might be worth including the round-up
I haven't heard anything or come across anything on a lustria book since 2005, what was said about it? as I would be shocked if there was anything else about lizardmen due anywhere close to an armybook

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I haven't heard anything or come across anything on a lustria book since 2005, what was said about it? as I would be shocked if there was anything else about lizardmen due anywhere close to an armybook
Here quite an unconfirmed thing, but as FW goes it fits the mold (ho ho) and lets them make huge dinosaur models, would be nice but I think the "late 2013" is a bit ambitious.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Here quite an unconfirmed thing, but as FW goes it fits the mold (ho ho) and lets them make huge dinosaur models, would be nice but I think the "late 2013" is a bit ambitious.
ahhh, forgeworld!,
yay forgeworld dinosaurs!

·
Registered
337 Posts
There was something discussed about FW working on a large dinosaur for their fantasy book, but no real details were given.
Hey man, the dinosaur in question is the Dread Saurian. It's bigger and better than the Carnosaur (even though Carnosaur is the Ultimate Predator) but doesn't have Large Target.... Anyway, I actually asked Forge World if they are working on it and I actually got a reply:

"Unfortunately, the Black Fire Pass book has been placed on indefinite hold. We will probably make the Dread Saurian at some point, schedule permitting."

So, not soon. Which is a damn shame.

As for general stuff. I wouldn't mind seeing Coatl, Arcanodons and Culchan (Which used to exist as a model) around. I think it's going to be an anti-climax for me. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From Warseer via Faeit212:

via thalamus over on Warseer
In a Forum over here in Germany, there has been recently stated, that by hearsay a retailer told:
LM are definitely coming in August.

The release contains the AB and "only" two or three new releases in total. There hasn't been any information, if "new releases" means two or three boxes and whether the boxes are only single kits or contain at least one dual kit. What we know is, that one of those boxes contain Terradons and maybe something additional. So it is still unclear, if i.e. a own magic lore can be expected and if one of the new releases means cards for the new magic lore.

The reason, why the retailer shared this info, was that he is going on vacation during the normal preordering phase, so he gave it a bit earlier to ensure an on-date delivery.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Great. So Lizardmen are going to be extremely gimped when it comes to new stuff then? Thanks GW.

We know one has to be a big kit. I am suspecting Arcanodon mount with EotG on. Also, Coatl not being in is a big surprise...

Lizardmen need their own Magic Lore. Everybody has one bar the Dwarves. The Empire get Sigmar's Blessing things. Dwarves get Runes. So Lizardmen have needed one for ages. Also it'll be interesting to see if they actually mention the Slann being the most powerful mages instead of the fucking High Elves. I also want them to bring back 1st Spawning Slann. I mean they are going to have to to. Why? Tomb Kings and High Elves got Level 5 Wizards. So unless Kroak goes up to 5 or Mazumdi, then we're gimped against the TK and HE.

I swear I also read in the 7th Edition book there are Giant Snakes, so, who knows. They need to give Saurus the ability to take Light Armour. So do Kroxigors.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Great. So Lizardmen are going to be extremely gimped when it comes to new stuff then? Thanks GW.
Get used to it, armybooks/codexes are beginning to release more often with less models, it's either that or we end up with more necron, dark eldar and SOB situautions where armies spend milleniums waiting to be updated :grin:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From Faet212:

· 96 page full colour, hardback Warhammer army book.
· Contains new Artwork, Background and Rules whilst showcasing the fantastic Warhammer miniature range.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Carnosaur
· This box contains a multi-part plastic kit that makes one of four possible massive center-piece miniatures.
· HUGE - 8 inches long by 5 inches tall
· Can make an Oldblood on Carnosaur, Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur, Kroq-Gar on Carnosaur or Troglodon with Skink Oracle.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Terradon/ Ripperdactyl Riders
· This box contains a multi-part plastic kit that can be assemble as either 3 Terradons or 3 Ripperdactyls, flying cavalry mounts ridden by Lizardmen Skinks.
· Included Parts to upgrade one Terradon rider to the special character Tiktaq'to.

Warhammer: Lizardman Bastiladon
· This box contains a brand new multipart plastic kit that makes a Bastiladon carrying either a Solar Engine or an Ark of Sotek.

Warhammer: Lizardman Skink Priest
· An addition to the popular plastic heroes Clampacks.
· The Lizardman Skink Priest is adorned in feathered plumes and carries a traditional Lizardman totem.

New Finecast Releases
Warhammer: Lizardmen Gor-Rok
· A Clampack that contains one highly detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature.
· A Lizardmen Special Character particularly suited to close combat.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Tetto'eko
· A boxset containing one finely detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature.
· A skink Priets on a Palanquin
I'll update the summary post when I get back tonight.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Well they aren't really teasers. They are just some random picture of nothing with sounds and some vague yet obvious text confirming something all us forum goers already know is coming.
That's kinda my point. They should have just ripped off Jurasic Park and had done with it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts