Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh, yeah. They had someone assemble them and they were plastic glued to the bases so it was a little difficult not to get paint on the feet...well I could have been more mindful of the helbrutes toes :)

Any ideas to help me take the standard further?

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I've stayed away from highlighting so far because I've always felt like the wash adds a graphic novel, or a gritty, kind of look to it. So I've always done my highlighting before the wash. I think I need a bit better brush and wash control. It is time to start highlighting, I just worry that things will start to look pastel or cartoonish. Heh, I suppose practice makes perfect though haha.

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I've watched Natalya's painting video and she does the same thing. It looks amazing, I just have to keep the paint hydrated and not let it dry on me while working at a brisk pace. I'll give it a try on my own DV Helbrute. I need to strip and repainted it anyways. I'll post it up when I get to it and see if you guys think I've improved technique at all. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.