Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I played my first game with the new Khorne Codex, and I gotta say I love it! Here I what I brought
HQ
Dp with armour and axe od ruin-270
Blood Thister 300
Troops:
8 marines, flamer 135
8 Blood letter 80
8 Blood letter 80
8 cultists 58
8 cultists 58

Elites:
5 possessed 150
2 spawns 65
5 terminators, with Flamer 180

Heavy:
helbrute, mult melta 100

Allies I took Belakor two groups of 5 Nuglings.

So here is how it went down, right off the bat he killed almost all my cultists, one group the first turn, giving me a blood tithe point, not much else happened. Second turn he wiped out my possessed, and my other group of cultists, giving me more points, I built my list to basically have many of my cheap units die easily so I could get as many points as possible. I know Im rambling So ill Finnish this up, very late night for me. Basically my Nurglings would deep strike a obj and hold it, Bel'kor flew around and made my Blood thister invisible. My DP charged and killed what ever he fought, ending the game with one wound left, so bad he didn't turn. My Blood Letters actually charged a unit of 3 Fexs, actually managed to kill 2 of them in the charge thanks to the Initaive being higher and the AP 3. I got to the point I had 3 Blood thisters on the board, I eventually killed him after i got his Flyrants on the ground for a charge. My impression of this codex is that it is very powerful. Blood thisters are scary and will kill almost anything they fight the fist turn, Also Blood Letters being fearless and losing Daemonic Instability is HUGE. With me Having so many troop choices on the table they got up the table with out losing them, once they made combat they destroyed what ever they fought. I really like this codex! Sorry for Grammer and spelling, long night with a few beers :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have played with the new codex as well, and I also think that it is very good. One thing I noticed was that the blood tithe rule says that when one of your characters dies, that gives you a blood tithe point, so when a unit of cultists die, that gives you 2 points: 1 for the unit and 1 for the character. Another thing i wondered was how did the possessed go? I know they are compulsory for a blood host detachment, but it doesn't look like that is what you are running, so did you pick them, and if so, how did they go?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts