Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
God its been a while well give me some tips on what you think guys:biggrin:

Lion El'Johnson Primarch of the Dark Angels

While the Inner Circle know of Luther's stasis cell, there is another chamber at the very heart of the Rock that is unknown to all but the Watchers in the Dark and the Emperor himself. This secret chamber contains the sleeping form of Lion 'El Jonson. Similarly, information regarding the Chaos Space Marines character Cypher, rumoured to be foremost of the Fallen, is kept vague to further fuel players' imaginations. The novel Angels of Darkness, written by Games Workshop staff member and codex writer Gav Thorpe, provides an alternative account of the events that split the Chapter, and the primarchs' influence over their space marines. Despite the layers of learning and civilisation 'El Jonson acquired in later life, the time he spent in the forest marked him permanently, and he remained a brooding, paranoid, and secretive man. Jonson's experience taught him that exposure invited predators, that darkness was as welcoming as it was dangerous. Intrigue, half-truths, and suspicion became second nature to each new Dark Angel. Jonson mistrusted the Terran Dark Angels above all others. While these men formed a minority within the chapter, Jonson spent by far more time leading them than the Caliban Dark Angels. Jonson also systematically removed control from each chapter commander and held his Legion's reigns tightly. Each chapter posted to a warzone was shadowed by a younger chapter in secret to report on its men to the primarch. As the Heresy erupted, the Dark Angels were operating on the Eastern Fringe. In the interim, warp storms cut Caliban off from reliable astrotelepathy, so that only garbled accounts of current events reached the planet. Some were true, some were half-true, some were outright fabrications. In their desperation, the elder Dark Angels tried to leave Caliban and confront Horus. They were prevented by their younger brethren in a battle that grounded the marines' vessels and despoiled Caliban. When the Lion returned, his fleet was fired on for fear that he had sided with Horus, and that the victors' version of the uprising had already damned them in Jonson's eyes. Jonson immediately ordered a full-scale bombardment, and the destruction of Caliban soon followed. The canonicity of the novel is hotly debated. Although the Fallen character (Astelan) is a first hand witness to events, it is unclear which of his claims are true, which are deliberate misinformation, and which are bias.

Lion El'Johnson

Pts 750
Ws 9
Bs 6
S 9
T 7
W 6
I 6
A 6+1+D6
Ld 10
Sv 2+/3+

Wargear:
He has a master-crafted plasma pistol, the lion helm, the lion sword, Lions Armour.

The Lion Helm: The Lion Helm is a sacred object of the Dark Angels space marine chapter. It is said to have been worn by Primarch Lion El'Jonson and takes the form of a winged MkVII space marine power armour helmet. The helm is carried by a Watcher in the Dark. Built into the helmet is a protective force field which can be activated even when the helm is not being worn. The Lion Helmet is currently worn by Supreme Grand Master Azrael. The Lion Helm confurs a 3+ invulnerable save and gives El’Johnson +1 Toughness.
Lion’s Armour El’Johnson’s armour is Forged from adamanium and makes extremely hard to harm and so he can survive the deadliest attacks. To show this El’Johnson can never be wounded on anything better than D6 roll of 4+. the armour also makes him immune to the instant death rule.

Lion Sword: The Lion Sword is the great sword of the Primarch of the Dark Angels, Lion El'Jonson. The sword was broken in antiquity and lost. It is now said to be carried by the mysterious Cypher who seeks to reforge it and present it to the Emperor of mankind, obtaining absolution and forgiveness for the Fallen. The Lion Sword is a Master-crafted Power weapon adds +3 strength and +2 Weapon Skill and +D6 attacks, also against vehicles it automatically penetrates.(you must still roll to hit).

Dark Angel’s Honour: El’johnson is an awe inspiring sight to all his men and his men hold him above even the Emperor they would follow him anywhere and willingly sacrifice their Lives for him. He is so inspiring that they end up fighting with deadly skill. All Dark Angels infantry units (including independent characters) are fearless and receive +2 Weapon skill in the turn they charge.

"Die invader!" screamed a mutated man as he swung a heavy metal implement at El'johnson's head, the towering, blond primarch side stepped and swung his sword in a glittering arc, cleaving through bone and flesh with practiced ease.

"Dark Angels advance! crush the enemies of my father"

El'johnson was replied by the roar of engines as rhinos sped the space marines into the enemy ranks, disgorging the tall sons of El'johnson,who leveled their bolters and fired, raining hot death on the mutated populace of the planet.

As the scene unfolded before the Dark Angel primarch a garbled vox signal filtered through his ear; "Taking losses...............nmy decimating us, n..d sup..rt

just as soon as the message ended the voice of one of El'johnson's lieutenants turned to his gene-father "My lord that sounded like the 8th company captain was under attack!"

"Calm yourself marine" replied the primarch and with a press of a button he changed the vox channel and addressed the whole Dark Angels force, " Dark Angels we are done here return to the ships we are going home"

And without another word the Primarch boarded his personal thunderhawk and returned to the awaiting fleet.

Many days later the Dark Angel fleet returned to real space above Caliban and were surprised to see bright lances of energy spear from the planetary defence platforms towards the ships in the fleet.

Suspecting a betrayal El'johnson ordered an assault on Caliban, the Dark Angels fighting each other until El'johnson confronted his long time friend and second-in-command Luther in mortal combat.

The two Dark Angels fought viscously against each other, until Luther struck down his primarch, but as Luther realised what he had done his ties to reality snapped and he went mad with grief and shame, and was captured.

But many of the 'fallen' angels fled into a hole in the warp, escaping the vengeful wrath of their brothers, but one named Cypher stole the Lion Blade before he fled.....

Here are rules that apply to all the Primarchs
Codex Primarchs

Although few beings could be more different in personality, the Primarchs have several traits in common:
• Terms of use: Primarchs should only be included in an army under the most extreme circumstances, in games with army totals in excess of 3000 points. They count as a HQ choice, and must be taken exactly as detailed below. They may not be given any additional equipment from the Armory.
• Aspect: All Primarchs have iron-hard skin (counts as Artificer Armour) and always have at least a 4+ Invulnerable Save. A Primarch may pick-and-choose his opponents in close combat. Due to their bulk, they never have to make a test for moving through difficult terrain.
• Independent Character: A Primarch follows all of the rules concerning Independent Characters in the 40k rulebook except for being shot at. It is always possible to target him even if he has joined a unit or is within 6” of another viable target. Line of sight and other targeting restrictions still apply.
• Monstrous: Primarchs are Monstrous Creatures. They ignore armour saves in close combat and. their attacks follow the Ordnance rules when Penetrating vehicles at +2D6 strength. They have the Feel No Pain special rule. (all restrictions apply). All Primarchs have the Furiuos charge ability.
• Fearsome: Primarchs instill Fear upon their opponents a -2 modifier to Leadership. Fighting a Primarch in close combat is so intimidating that cover doesn’t help as much as it should. All Primarchs count as if they have Frag Grenades.
• Fearless: The ultimate gift of The Emperor is to make them feel Immortal. Death holds no meaning to them, as at is only temporary. Primarchs are considered Fearless, they will never fall back, cannot be pinned, and are assumed to pass any leadership-based test that they are forced to make, And do not suffer any wounds for losing combat.
• Chosen Of the Emperor: Primarchs are protected by an unknown power which spirits them away at the last moment if danger threatens. This is represented by allowing The Primarchs a special 3+ save on a D6 against any attack or other damage that would reduce there wounds to 0. This is a special save that is made when a Primarch is killed and may be taken after his the save may be taken after all other saves have been taken. If the Primarch passes the saving throw then he suddenly disappears from the battlefield. Remove the model as if it had been killed, but do not award any Victory points to the opposing player. Also All Primarchs count as having Holy Relics which may be used once per turn to re roll one failed dice roll and also once per battle you may use it to give all units within 3D6 inches +2 attacks.
• Chapter Masters: All Primarchs command their respective chapters and so may only be used in their Respective Force :
Leman Russ – Space Wolves
Ferrus Manus – Iron Hands
Rogal Dorn - Crimson Fists/Black Templars
Lion El’Johnson – Dark Angels
Sanguineous – Blood Angels
Jaghati Khan – White Scars
Roboute Guilliman – Ultramarines
Vulkan – Salamanders
Corax – Raven Guard
However a Primarch may take command of any Imperial Guard, Witch Hunters or Daemon Hunters Force even if they do not have any space marines from there respective chapters they just may not command any other marine chapter.

Oh and Thanks to zboy For the Fluff.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
that is so tits! imagine a codex: primarchs...so much power! good job dude keep up the good work
just a thought...wouldnt the primarchs count as monstrous creatures? i thought they were immense

·
Registered
51 Posts
• Monstrous: Primarchs are Monstrous Creatures. They ignore armour saves in close combat and. their attacks follow the Ordnance rules when Penetrating vehicles at +2D6 strength. They have the Feel No Pain special rule. (all restrictions apply). All Primarchs have the Furiuos charge ability.

Here ya go! Too much words means you miss stuff easier.

·
Registered
414 Posts
erm.... seems to me like you want to make the primarchs too godly. yeah they practically were gods and all, but GW heavily tones down all models than what is said in the fluff. even though i didnt mention this in your corax forum, bloodthirsters were able to smite entire IG armies by themselves, yet in the game a single bloodthirster would have 0 chance of defeating an IG army. in other fluff a bloodthirster killed 400 SM in an instant, yet one would have trouble taking on 20 in a game. and like i said before, this model that is only 750 pts shouldnt be able to rape a 2500 pt model, which this one DEFINITELY would be able to. to make a little more fair, how bout any and all primarchs take up 2 HQ slots? sorry, i dont mean to bash your hopes or ideas. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Personally I would make them not for regular gaming and just for Apoc like a Data fax. I would tone the attacks down from 6+d6 and just make it 7ish. I feel making him a gargantuan creature would supplement or more possibly change the majority of your special abilities. Try using the named greater daemons from the forge world IA as a basis. I really feel the gargantuan creature rules will feel more right. Between being able to stomp (swing once against everyone in melee range) or direct his attack and also being he would be a monsterous creature etc.. just my opinion

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
erm.... seems to me like you want to make the primarchs too godly. yeah they practically were gods and all, but GW heavily tones down all models than what is said in the fluff. even though i didnt mention this in your corax forum, bloodthirsters were able to smite entire IG armies by themselves, yet in the game a single bloodthirster would have 0 chance of defeating an IG army. in other fluff a bloodthirster killed 400 SM in an instant, yet one would have trouble taking on 20 in a game. and like i said before, this model that is only 750 pts shouldnt be able to rape a 2500 pt model, which this one DEFINITELY would be able to. to make a little more fair, how bout any and all primarchs take up 2 HQ slots? sorry, i dont mean to bash your hopes or ideas.
actually more like EVERY hq slot!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
erm.... seems to me like you want to make the primarchs too godly. yeah they practically were gods and all, but GW heavily tones down all models than what is said in the fluff. even though i didnt mention this in your corax forum, bloodthirsters were able to smite entire IG armies by themselves, yet in the game a single bloodthirster would have 0 chance of defeating an IG army. in other fluff a bloodthirster killed 400 SM in an instant, yet one would have trouble taking on 20 in a game. and like i said before, this model that is only 750 pts shouldnt be able to rape a 2500 pt model, which this one DEFINITELY would be able to. to make a little more fair, how bout any and all primarchs take up 2 HQ slots? sorry, i dont mean to bash your hopes or ideas. :(
I was considering doing that the other day tell you what I'll make a poll

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally I would make them not for regular gaming and just for Apoc like a Data fax. I would tone the attacks down from 6+d6 and just make it 7ish. I feel making him a gargantuan creature would supplement or more possibly change the majority of your special abilities. Try using the named greater daemons from the forge world IA as a basis. I really feel the gargantuan creature rules will feel more right. Between being able to stomp (swing once against everyone in melee range) or direct his attack and also being he would be a monsterous creature etc.. just my opinion
Problem is I don't have or know there rules I just based them around the Daemon Primarchs Rules but made them a little weaker in certain stats.

·
Registered
414 Posts
should the stats and rules be redone for apocalypse then? they seem like more for a regualr game with how they are now. and yeah, i suppose this guy could only be used in a 3k pt game, making it apocalypse. would it make sense for all primarchs have the rites of battle ability like SM force commanders do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lion El' Jonson

Lion is the only living primarch. He should have an initiative of 10 because if you read the story of Lion in the codex, it says that he is a brilliant strategist, which would affect initiative. He should also have 4 attacks because, if you think about it, he survived on the death world Caliban through early childhood, when he should have only survived for about 2 minutes, and he helped wipe out the Hell-spawned Chaos Daemons, so he is pretty strong. The point value is around the right area, but you could raise it to 800. His ballistic and weapon skills should each be 10 because he is the only living primarch and he is powerful. He should have strength and toughness of 10 each because he, again, survived on Caliban and his friend Luthur, but barely. So, basically what I am saying is that he should have everything except for attacks and armor save be 10.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Please check the dates on threads before you post, @Mineterior123 This thread is five years old.

Also, I wouldn't rate any of the primarchs as all stats ten, not even close when there are units in Apocalypse formations and even 40k which would equal or outclass them. The exact stats of the primarchs would vary but I wouldn't put any of them higher than T6 or S7, but stuff like WS and I could be anywhere higher.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.