Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! This is sort of list sort of Tactics so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

First of all should mention the following list is all the units I have so far brought up to just under 1500 pts - so adding more before Sunday isn't possible as I haven't got the money, what I'm asking for is advice on the list first of all (ie if there is anything I can move around add/remove wargear etc.) and how such a list could be anywhere near remotely effective against the above mentioned enemies. Also some suggestions of what to buy next for future reference would be awesome.

So, the match. A 3-way my Marines vs Necrons vs Death Guard. The Necrons I havent seen the list for yet all I know is there is a Monolith, the Death Guard has a Daemon Prince, Chaos Lord, some Terminators, Plague Marines and 2 Obliterators - no vehicles.

My list

Captain, Power Sword, Bolter, Aux Grenade Launcher - 130 pts

Chaplain, Jump Pack - 115 pts (he'll roll with the Assault Marines)

Tac Squad + 5, ML & Flamer - 170 pts

Tac Squad + 5
, ML & Flamer - 170 pts

Scouts, 4 boltguns, heavy Bolter, camo cloaks - 100 pts

Assault Marines, sgt w/ plas pistol, power axe, and melta bombs - 135 pts

Deadnaught
, MM & CC Weapon - 105 pts

Terminators, Assault Cannon - 230 pts

Drop Pod + Deathwind ML - 55 pts

Land Raider, extra Armour - 265 pts

TOTAL: 1475 pts

I should also mention this will be my second ever game of 40k and my units I have so far aren't great but any advice on the list and how to use it will be appreciated! I know I have a long way to go in terms of building my Army, just trying to make the best out of what I have so far!

Bayonet

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I suggest having lots of high strength low ap weapons they wipe out necrons and deathguard super quick necrons don't get back up with double strength weapons and deathguard don't against low ap or double strength weps also he wont have a lot of stuff because pm are so expensive

but remeber have fun

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Apart from the bleeding obvious 'use high S and low AP' suggestion, to which I could add 'remember to roll lots and lots of 6s when trying to hit or wound the enemy' (which works against EVERY ARMY in 40k), there are a few useful tips against Necrons.

Assaulting Necrons can be a good thing, but only if you have models with Power Weapons and/or are able to get at least 15+ attacks against a single unit per round of combat. Remember that, even with a low I, Necrons are pretty much identical to SMs in CC; so don't take it for granted.

In very practical terms you need to concentrate on killing complete units, rather than spreading damage between multiple units. If you find yourself up against Monoliths then you should point all S10 and S9 shots at them - you can't afford to ignore them.

If there are C'tan... just hope you can even hurt them. You need to have a minimum of S5+ to hurt a C'tan, so stay well out of CC with them. Also keep any vehicles away from them, they are S9/10 and get 2d6 AP on the rear armour... That means auto-penetrate vs AV10/11 respectively, with 5 or 6 attacks...

Other than that, you need to keep your discipline and stick to your plans. Too often people get frustrated against Necrons that refuse to die and try to change tactics half way through a game, by which time it is usually too late and they accelerate their own decline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts