Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Doesn't sound like a lightsaber to me. Just a hand-held beam weapon. I don't get why they bother to mention that you can annoy pilots with it. Even those cheap little laser pointers in practically every convenience store can do that.

Cool, though. I want one.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I don't want one.

*BZZ* and in the next 10 seconds everybody on that street dies, including you. The survivors are left to wander the wasteland, charred and blind. And if you do survive, you're still blind, and you've got cancer.

HAH! I'd have more fun with a normal laser pointer. 50p and I can safely and legally annoy my cat.

Besides that, it's not a real lightsaber if it doesn't have a sword-like bit. This doesn't, so it essentially is just a weapon of mass destruction. The army should use it in world war III.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Pff. Like using this for industrial use is any better than selling it to the public? Maybe just a little, but the risk is still the same, so no real difference. If you ask me, given the risks, whoever made this should be arrested or fined for a huge sum, or something.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pff. Like using this for industrial use is any better than selling it to the public? Maybe just a little, but the risk is still the same, so no real difference. If you ask me, given the risks, whoever made this should be arrested or fined for a huge sum, or something.
I agree.

Besides it's more like a Star Trek Phazer than a Lightsabre.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
A self defense weapon that can harm me when I turn it on? no thanks dude.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
IMA FIREINNN MAHH LAHZORR

Lol, on a more serious note, thats pretty dangerous, especially to planes and stuff...

Do you think you could use it if your skin was covered completely, and you had similar eye wear to the welders masks, cause they only let like 5% of the light through...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You'd probably still go blind if hit by it and get cancer as a lovely bonus, free of charge!

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMA FIREINNN MAHH LAHZORR

Lol, on a more serious note, thats pretty dangerous, especially to planes and stuff...

Do you think you could use it if your skin was covered completely, and you had similar eye wear to the welders masks, cause they only let like 5% of the light through...
I'm sure the people that developed this lazer will also develop protective suits/clothing/eyewear and also sell that to the public so criminals have a way of protecting themselves from their dangerous new weapon... Fucking retards. Surely they must've known selling this to the public was a bad idea, even more so in the UK where even guns are banned without a license.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
You could make a fortune selling them to chavs, I can see it now!

Tired of wasting hours every week on sunbeds only to come out looking like the guy off the Tango ads?
Well, here's the solution, why wait for skin cancer when you can have...

INSTANT MELANOMA IN A CAN!

It will give that sun burned look in seconds and if used regularly you too can have a strange painful mole that if left unatended, will kill you!
RRP £25, comes with a free bottle of Cilit Bang!

They could get Barry Scott to shout the adverts, it would be cool, a chav free world in about six months!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
This reminds me of that massive ultra super laser of mass destruction that Nikola Tesla was designing as "the weapon to end all wars".

Only smaller.

And ironically probably more dangerous to the user.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts