Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
A buddy of mine used Cadian, Catachan, and Wood Elf glade guard models to make his rough riders. They came out pretty well, really-- the elf legs don't look out of place once there's some green stuff armor on the shins and whatnot.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
If you don't mind them having an alien look about them, then there's a conversion I saw where someone put cadiens on fantasy cold ones. It looks really good when it's done. I think all you need is the cold ones, a box of cadiens, and maybe a couple of other bits to make it look nice.

I love that particular look for rough riders-- in the 40k universe, there's something that's amiss with horses on the battlefield. But when you take large, foul-tempered raptors and stick saddles on them, then you're in better shape.

I've kicked around trying to make chocobo-mounted rough riders, just as a modelling project, because I'm that big of a Final Fantasy junkie.

Spitfire-- Keep in mind that LotR models are not the same scale as 40k/Fantasy. Then again, jockeys aren't usually the same scale as (American) football players, so you could probably get away with saying that the horsemen are just smaller people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts