Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know i only posted a gunline list the other day but i have obtained a considerable amount more of empire bits and pieces so this is my new list hope you like.

LORDS – 600

Arch lector – 350
War altar
enchanted shield
Talisman of preservation
Van Horstmann’s Speculum
Sword of might

LVL 4 light wizard – 250
Talisman of endurance
Power stone

HEROES – 465

BSB – 135
Armour of meteoric iron

LVL 1 light – 105
Dispel scroll
Obsidian trinket

LVL 1 light – 95
Obsidian amulet

Engineer – 65

Engineer – 65

CORE – 600

45 halberdiers – 300
FC

45 halberdiers – 300
FC

SPECIAL – 362

4 Demigryph Knights – 242
Musician

Great cannon – 120

RARE – 370

Helblaster volley gun – 120

Helblaster volley gun – 120

Celestial Hurricanum – 130

TOTAL: 2397

As you can see its very typical of an empire list hopefully being strong and threatening in magic, shooting and close combat.
Tomorrow shall be my first game with the empire since a couple of editions back. I have seen the light council utilized in batreps and it seemed interesting and powerful my only question really is where to put the bsb and wizards? i would have put archer dets in but ran out of points.

Cheers

Cazmac

·
Registered
366 Posts
Like you say the list looks pretty standard for an empire light council. Initially i was going to say there is not anything you really need to change but while looking at core and thinking about you needing an archer detachment i noticed your short of the 600+ min core requirement.

Points cutting to fill out core correctly i'd probably drop one engineer and the white cloak from the level 4 in exchange for an archer detachment, then your wizard can take a 5+ ward for self protection or MR3 for magic missile defence for the archer detachment and the council can sit here.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you steak and chips for pointing out the flaw, luckily i had spotted it just didn't have time to come back on and fix.

any ways i have updated the list as above and played 2 games so far.

basically this list has worked better than hoped, for both games i achieve first turn the first opponent conceded on my turn 3! and my second opponent conceded my turn 2!

Now the first game he had sunk 600 points into an ethereal slann, who by third turn after using scroll and the box thing lizards have was toasted even with a 4+ ward. the demigryphs run amuck on the left flank which had a sizable portion of his force the rest came on the right with the slann, the left was decimated and the slann dead he ended up with overwhelming odds and bad LD values and so asked to end the game.

In my second game in my two turns i took out a frost phoenix, 2 white lion chariots and the general on a flaming phoenix and put 3 wounds on the monster itself! after this all that was left was a small block of phoenix guard 2 blocks of 30ish spearmen and a bolt thrower. he still had a turn to get into charge and would have lost alot more so he asked to end the game.

now i know things may be different as you can tell the second force was not very competitive as for the lizardmen i don't know them well enough to judge his list building capabilities.

I do apologise for my grammar and spelling unfortunately English is not my strong suit.

Thank you

cazmac

1 - 3 of 3 Posts