Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I paint each squad's lenses different color, a way of organizing them, long ago I decided that I would paint my kit bashed (human) 'fireblade' and 'ethereal' lenses light blue..... the problem is I never sat down and tested it out. So I'm planning on ending on ice blue (Lothari blue) with the edges highlighted with white.... but the problem is I don't know where to begin...so any ideas.

I've got
Teglis
Caledor
Temple Guard

I'm thing Caledor and/or Teglis temple guard then ice.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
standard thinking is a slightly darker blue then build up from there. I have been playing with a dark grey then wash that in the main color, main color then build up from there as normal. Anyway good luck and post pics of your results.

·
Registered
43 Posts
For shiny looking gems you want a large contrast over a small area, so from dark (near black blue) through to a near white blue.

For simple effecteive gems I find a basecoat of dark blue with a bit of black mixed in as a basecoat, then a wide crescent moon shaped highlight running along the bottom of the gem in a vibrant blue like GW calador sky or vllejo crystal blue. then a thin line highlight along the very bottom edge of the gem in a blue mixed with white. followed up by a white dot on the top of the gem.

For a more advanced version then its simply graduating these steps and also adding a faint light blue around your white dot at the top.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts