Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a silly idea, but need some rules sorted out first. The question is this: Can I have a librarian use the fury of the ancients power from inside a rhino?

First rules dilemma: Can you use psychic powers from inside a transport?
My view: For powers that you do instead of shooting, I'd certainly say so. Dunno for others.

Second rules dilemma: The power says you draw a straight line from the librarian to any point on the map and all enemy units along that path take d3 str 5 hits. However, the line stops as soon as it hits a close combat or an allied unit and enemy units beyond that aren't affected. Where is the librarian? If he's inside the rhino, would it dissipate from going through the rhino or would the rhino count as the originating point?
My view: The fire point on the rhino is the top hatch, so that's what I'd call the originating point. The Librarian would take up one of the 2 fire point slots. Since units can normally fire from this point without the rhino blocking LoS, I'd say that the librarian can do so as well with this power not being blocked by the rhino.

It's not as if it breaks the game or anything, but it would give the librarian a little extra mobility. I just like the mental image of the librarian flinging out psychic constructs from the top hatch of a rhino.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I would say it'd be perfectly legal, yes. A Librarian may use any psychic power counting as a shooting attack from a fire point in a vehicle.

-Dirge

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Perfectly legal to shoot it out of the top hatch.. you can even move 12" and still fire it.. I wouldnt say that it dissipates from touching the rhino as its also originating from it.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Read the rules for firepoints in the BGB.. its perfectly legal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Perfectly legal to shoot it out of the top hatch.. you can even move 12" and still fire it.. I wouldnt say that it dissipates from touching the rhino as its also originating from it.
WRONG. Any tank moving over 6" may not fire, including rhinos.
~dan

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Why a rhino? If you want mobility then put him on a bike(Increase toughness to 5 and uses twin-linked bolters) or equip him with a jump pack. Both offer the mobility that you want and then some as well as being cheaper point-wise.

librarian on a bike with a iron halo and a admantle cape instant death no go :p

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why a rhino? If you want mobility then put him on a bike(Increase toughness to 5 and uses twin-linked bolters) or equip him with a jump pack. Both offer the mobility that you want and then some as well as being cheaper point-wise.
Basically I want a strong CC squad in my army for counter assault so the librarian will be leading a command squad of 9 and they'll all be trucking around wreaking havoc. I've got lots and lots of weak-armored vehicles, so if they waste shots at the rhino it would actually help me a lot. I can also use a rhino to block heavy weapons teams if I'm not having the squad ride in it or after they disembark, which is cool.

The libby really isn't enough of a threat on his own to take a decent CC squad in melee, even with veil of time. He needs the backup of 9 other marines to really kick some butt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts