Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with making a librarian. I dont want to buy one from gw as i dont really like many of them. I'm giving him terminator armour force weapon and storm shield. So does anyone have any ideas on what model i could start with?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well if he has terminator armor and a storm shield I'd say sacrifice one of you terminators from a box set, pull out that bit box, and some green stuff. With a little creativity and patience you can have a unique librarian you'll be proud to call your own. Have fun, I basically convert all my models, its quite fun placing unique models on the table. If you want I can get you some basic green sculpting help. :) Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
601 Posts
If I were you I'd just start on an Assault Terminator. Swap the head, buy a tabbard and a nice looking CCweapon (maybe a nicer stormshield) from bitsandkits (or other bitscompany :p) and put it all together :) I think I'd start out like that.

Just take a Thunder Hammer arm and a stormshield arm, cut the hammer off and replace it with the blade.

If I were you I'd also look for the accesoires from terminators, since they have some very nice libbie looking bits.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If you are willing to put some work, I would buy the Lysander model, as his un-helmeted head looks like he's got a psychic hood. I would shave off the Fist iconography, and mot give him the force weapon. I would then find some ram's skulls as they are the traditional logo for Librarians, and stick them in the place of the Fists. I would then by a Terminator Nemesis Force weapon from the Grey Knight's set (as I'm assuming this is for your Regal Knights). I think that would give you a fairly unique and intricate model :)

But that's just my idea...

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually hes going to be a salamander and yeah i think these are good ideas.

·
Registered
950 Posts
You could try converting it from the Terminator Chaplain. I did that with mine bfore the present Terminator Librarian came out (the last one was awful). Bassically replaced the head, extended the crozius arcanum to make it a staff and then there I had my Librarian. It would just take a little bit of work on top of that to add a storm shield and your set.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A good idea I've seen for the Librarian w/ SS is get the term libby model and cut the big book off his back..boom. Libby stormshield.
this is what i did with mine :D and it looks great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts