Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic. I've been wondering what to do with the SH corpse. The force weapon is excellent. Can't wait to see it finishes. +rep.
Thanks for the rep :)

Hes going to be mostly golden, but the pipings will be light blue for the whole psychic effect and the robes bone with purple and green gems :D

I took the back off the SH throne and its attached over 2 vents of the dreadnought. I completely scrapped the front end of the dread to fit him in and then put piping into him, the force weapon consists of a carnifex scything talon cut down on top of two pieces of COD laddering. With a valkryie landing gear under neath with two eldar swooping hawks wings as decoration

Got a bit of work done on him tonight :) will post more pics up tommorow morning

-ste-

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could do with some more highlighting and detail work, iv still got some robes to sculpt onto the force weapon arm and over the dead guys legs.

-ste-

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
It's a nice conversion and a clever use of the SH corpse I just think that the cables really detract an otherwise great job.
It could be the way they have been photo'd but they stand out too much. Instead of attracting attention they clash with the gold.
Maybe using guitar strings would help and some shading/highlighting along the length of the cables.
Wrap the strings around the cables to break up the blue a little?

Anyway, great work and sorry for sounding a bit negative it's still a great conversion!

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
It could be the way {the cables} have been photo'd but they stand out too much. Instead of attracting attention they clash with the gold.
Maybe using guitar strings would help and some shading/highlighting along the length of the cables.
Wrap the strings around the cables to break up the blue a little?
The cabling does look a little overpowering.

Not sure about adding guitar strings; they are quite large already so it might make them look too chunky.

Another possibility is painting one of the cable in a different colour to reduce the area of blue.

Whatever you decide to do, we are definitely in the realms of making a great model even closer to what we would do with the idea rather than fixing problems.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'v removed one cable the one on the left hand side of the SH corpse, and i might paint the one going into his neck a different colour though. Maybe a red or a pale green? Iv also painted the robes a wine colour not and the aquila and purity seals in white to stand out more.
When i get some GS im going to do some more robes aswell on him and maybe a drape style cape over the shoulder joint on the force weapon arm, what do you think?

-ste-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts