Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this just got put up for pre-order. Leviathan Pattern Dreadnought

And upon further examination I have to say I like the design of it. Combining the menace of the more standard-box dreadnought with the curves and cuddliness of the Emperor's favorite Centurion, into something rather menacing.

Like usual with ForgeWorld stuff like this, you can get a set with arms or just order the body and then order the arms you want.
Main Body

Arm choices;
Claw Arm

GravFlux Cannon

Storm Cannon

Seige Drill

·
Thordis
2,443 Posts
nasty...makes me sad though that they have 40k rules for it but only for the SM codexes... It should be able to be taken by CSM...goddamn thing is painted in traitor colors right on the page!
painted in legion colours. not a CSM colours. the traitors lost a lot of tech after being chased off to the eye. and the ability to maintain a lot of it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
painted in legion colours. not a CSM colours. the traitors lost a lot of tech after being chased off to the eye. and the ability to maintain a lot of it.
Right, i understand the difference, but i feel like its a cop out/catch all that doesn't make a lot of sense in some cases. Storm bolers vs combi bolters totally makes sense...all the different land raiders vs plain jane godhammer, fine with that...but CSM have dreadnoughts, i think its reasonable to assume that if they managed to keep some regular dreadnoughts and maintain them then they should be able to hang on to a few of these badasses, lol.

·
Registered
455 Posts

Actually, it would make far more sense for CSM to have this than SM.
10,000 years have passed in the normal world. Plenty of time for all the relic dreads' to fall out of use or be destroyed.
On the other hand (I'm referencing the Nightlords trilogies here) for many CSM only a few hundred years have passed due to the time warping effects of the warp. It makes far more sense for CSM and their crew to be able to maintain units from the Heresy era.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, it would make far more sense for CSM to have this than SM.
10,000 years have passed in the normal world. Plenty of time for all the relic dreads' to fall out of use or be destroyed.
On the other hand (I'm referencing the Nightlords trilogies here) for many CSM only a few hundred years have passed due to the time warping effects of the warp. It makes far more sense for CSM and their crew to be able to maintain units from the Heresy era.
While true. The Mechanicus probably has a horde of these things stashed away for when the Astartes ask really nicely. And when the Omnissiah agrees.:grin:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
tell me more. I've been considering using Warjacks/Warbeasts to replace Helbrutes.
Well, to brief since this is not the thread for. You take the body of a dreadnought, and then you either cup the hips off to use the warjack hips and legs on the body, or cut the legs off and just stick the warjack legs on the dread hip. option one makes the Dreadjack a bit taller, while option B is a bit more stocky. Then you take the warjacks shoulders important make sure the warjack has separate shoulder pieces: not that there sculpted onto the body and put them where the dreadnoughts arms go. You can then use one of the Warjack heads ontop of the dreadnought body to give a 'big infantry man' view or you could use the regular dreadnought face plates, i used the front of a venerable dread with the head for my ironclad dread so it looks like a terminator and looks very well armored. NOTE: there is no good way to mate a warjack head on top a dreadnought body, i just hid the lack of a proper neck with a head scarf. (and since I have desert camo on my responable marines I quickly got the nickname 'terrorist marines' at my last group (Fumes)) Glue on weapons to the warjacks hands, or use a stock warjack weapon, my ironclad has a khaldor axe as a weapon for it's thunder hammer and BLAM bobs your unkle: you have a dreadnought that's more then a refrigerator since it has real arms and legs.

I don't have a hellbrute assembled, but looking at the one i have on spure it's not too different in size, particularity if you use the dreadnought hips. Very mechanical looking though, not sure if it works with the more 'organic' look the hell brutes have.

EDIT: (blows dust off thread) I found my old thread I did showing my first Dreadjack conversion. http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128737 This one has independent hips and is built with a Cyngar Avenger/Centurion/Hammersmith (you can actually see the hammer handles used to hold the weapons in place and I think a dreadnought from one of the starter sets, don't know bought it second hand from one the people i play with who did not want it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, to brief since this is not the thread for. You take the body of a dreadnought, and then you either cup the hips off to use the warjack hips and legs on the body, or cut the legs off and just stick the warjack legs on the dread hip. option one makes the Dreadjack a bit taller, while option B is a bit more stocky. Then you take the warjacks shoulders important make sure the warjack has separate shoulder pieces: not that there sculpted onto the body and put them where the dreadnoughts arms go. You can then use one of the Warjack heads ontop of the dreadnought body to give a 'big infantry man' view or you could use the regular dreadnought face plates, i used the front of a venerable dread with the head for my ironclad dread so it looks like a terminator and looks very well armored. NOTE: there is no good way to mate a warjack head on top a dreadnought body, i just hid the lack of a proper neck with a head scarf. (and since I have desert camo on my responable marines I quickly got the nickname 'terrorist marines' at my last group (Fumes)) Glue on weapons to the warjacks hands, or use a stock warjack weapon, my ironclad has a khaldor axe as a weapon for it's thunder hammer and BLAM bobs your unkle: you have a dreadnought that's more then a refrigerator since it has real arms and legs.

I don't have a hellbrute assembled, but looking at the one i have on spure it's not too different in size, particularity if you use the dreadnought hips. Very mechanical looking though, not sure if it works with the more 'organic' look the hell brutes have
Thats all really clever. :good:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts