Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
You could also get the choice to choose between a stat increase and a USP. For instance, you could decide whether to get +1A or Furious Charge.

As for 'alternative fails' idea in my last post, you could do something like this...

Failed your armour save, so you take a wound. But how severe is the wound? Roll a D6 to find out...

1 - wound is only a graze, you survive without any complications.
2 - wound is troublesome. You lose 2" to total movement.
3 - Wound is bad. You take -1 to both your A, I and -2" to movement speed.
4 - Wound is very bad. You cannot shoot any weapons and can only assault if you are assaulted first.
5 - Wound is severe. You count as going to ground for the rest of the game.
6 - You are too wounded to carry on. Your scout is removed from the table as a casualty.

Obviously not the best rule set as I thought of them as I wrote them; but you get the idea. The scenario gets worse the higher the dice roll.

Have you thought about things like wargear?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
You could also get the choice to choose between a stat increase and a USP. For instance, you could decide whether to get +1A or Furious Charge.

As for 'alternative fails' idea in my last post, you could do something like this...

Failed your armour save, so you take a wound. But how severe is the wound? Roll a D6 to find out...

1 - wound is only a graze, you survive without any complications.
2 - wound is troublesome. You lose 2" to total movement.
3 - Wound is bad. You take -1 to both your A, I and -2" to movement speed.
4 - Wound is very bad. You cannot shoot any weapons and can only assault if you are assaulted first.
5 - Wound is severe. You count as going to ground for the rest of the game.
6 - You are too wounded to carry on. Your scout is removed from the table as a casualty.

Obviously not the best rule set as I thought of them as I wrote them; but you get the idea. The scenario gets worse the higher the dice roll.

Have you thought about things like wargear?

In my opinion the model dies when it is knocked out from the match, and after that you roll on a damage chart detailing the results... So, if I happen to die, then the other players can keep playing as long as they stay alive, or until they complete the mission, then after the mission I roll on the damage chart to see whatever or not my model stays alive, or if he loses some of his stats, and/or starts with less wounds or something...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I like the idea of stuff like that because it gives a sense of continuity and character for the history of your army.

For mine, I like to paint kill marks on my bike squadron for each vehicle they take down. My banners represent big battles or history elements on them.

For example, my Army Standard has the fleur de lis to represent my wife's Sisters of Battle army which frequently fights alongside my Templars.

http://www.ldsknights.org/web/guest/battle-standards

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
wargear is only going to be allowed when it is in the DA codex.

Ultra while interesting the idea of the severity should come after the battle like Doelago said. I'd rep ya both again but i have to spread the love.

Unixknight my opponet(s) play the damn nids if you have any ideas for a banner i would very much appreciate it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My friends and I are going in a reverse direction. We are working on inserting our dark heresy / deathwatch characters into the war-game as independents as options and then have the battle outcomes effect our rpg game. It'll be a lot of fun.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts