Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Embrace the Insanity
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so i'm coming back to the hobby after a year or so. Just wanted to make sure I still remember the order of things :p

1. Cut out parts from sprue.
2. Clean up mold lining (I think that's what it was called? the little excess bits of sprue)
3. Assemble the model
4. Undercoat
5. Basecoat the different areas
6. Apply washes
7. Highlight (Although I never did get the hang of highlighting, but I did learn my paints where still too thick whenever I tried)
8. Decorate and paint the base.

Did I miss anything?

·
Embrace the Insanity
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do usually leave the weapons off when I paint because a lot of guns tend to cross over the body and make it difficult to paint.

·
Embrace the Insanity
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never used Varnish before. But from what I've seen it gives the models a very shinny look. Is that a general thing with varnish or people just using to much of it?

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Is that a general thing with varnish or people just using to much of it?
You can get different forms of varnish; Glossy (GW's "'ArdCoat" for example) and Matt (Army painter spray offers this).

Personally I always use matt varnish spray as a standard and paint gloss varnish on the bits that deserve it. Tongues, shiny armor, blood splotches and the like.

An example is this guy:

He's sprayed with matt varnish and then I painted gloss varnish on his tongue, giving it a wet look. It gives it a nice finish and protects the model from scratches all-together :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts