Feel No Pain
"if a model with this ability suffers an unsaved wound, roll a dice....on a 4,5,6 the injury is ignored and the model keeps on fighting."
"if a foe harms Lemartes, the chaplains anger just grows stronger for the provocation. If Lemartes suffers an unsaved wound, but is not slain, his strength....."
First off i want to point out a quick fact. A "feel no pain" roll is not another save. Nowhere in the rule book says that a "feel no pain" is an extra save. It is an ability. Hence the underline on the text.
Next i would like to point out that there are a few key words that match within both rules, mainly the words "suffers an unsaved wound". Both of these rules use the exact same wording. So both rules share the same prerequisite for the abilities to take place.
Here is the breakdown of a scenario.
1. Lemartes gets shot and is forced to take an armor save.
2. Lemartes fails the armor save and takes a wound. This is the unsaved wound being talked about.
3. At this time if the unsaved wound did not instantly kill Lemartes BOTH abilities go into effect at the same time. Just like in the shooting phase where all shoots are at the same time.
4. Lemartes gets mad because he just got a hole in his black armor. And because he is hurt is allowed to try to push through the pain with a feel no pain roll.
5. If Lemartes succeeds in his feel no pain roll then he completely ignores the wound. This doesnt mean the bullet in his armor just magically disappeared it just means he doesnt care about it and keeps going on at full strength.
Hopefully this clears up any discrepancies that anyone may have. I have looked at both sides of the argument and i can see where both parties are coming from. Now is this model balanced now that we have figured this out? No, this means that Lemartes will have strength 6 and 7 attacks on a charge (5 base, 1 for charging, 1 for extra CCW). But rules are rules. I have no problems with it but that may be because i use Lemartes with 10 jump pack Death Co. with a power fist and a power weapon stuck in there. By that same token I can also see where everyone will cry cheese over this.
A forum community dedicated to Warhammer, Warhammer 40K enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Warhammer and Wargaming collections, miniatures, tactics, terrain, reviews, accessories, history, displays, models, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!