Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
It just seems to me that if he flips out about it, that is the opposite of "ignoring" it.

Ignoring it means he pays it no attention. Getting pissed off about it means he's paying it a LOT of attention.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
In descriptions of fnp before it was that they would suffer wounds that would kill a normal marine but still fight on. so that way he's still fighting on after having half his chest blown away and is proper pissed off about it. but that's fluff really which has no place in a rules query. It's like bringing a soggy sponge to a knife fight. it can help and has it's place but it definitely ain't here.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i would say no for 2 reasons.
1 - He passed his FNP which then means he hasn't taken a wound after all.
2 - I belive it wasn't wroten like this for the spirit of the game. It seems to me that it was writen so that when he had 1 wound left then he would be boosted.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If he passes the FNP then he hasn't suffered a wound because he still as the same number of wounds he had before he was shot up.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If he passes the FNP then he hasn't suffered a wound because he still as the same number of wounds he had before he was shot up.
nowhere does it say he has to have one less wound. It says he has to suffer an unsaved wound. FNP says the exact same thing. So if FNP can be used then Fury unbound can be used as they have the same triggers

·
Registered
446 Posts
He has to take a wound, then he should have one less. FNP is an extra save that cannot be applied before a regular save, not a result of being wounded.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I can see were everyone is comming from on this one.

The way I see it is Lemartes gets shot at and takes a wound by failing his armour save fury unbound takes automatic effect (gets more enraged by someone having the gull to shoot him) now he gets a chance to roll his FNP which is not automatic or guaranteed which just for arguments sake he passes.

Now FNP in no way heals/ regenerates the wound it just allows the model to take a wound but continue to press on regardless of any physical harm done to them.

Now because he hasn't "lost" a wound doesn't negate the fact that he had originally failed his save and took a wound he just presses on in an even more enraged state which the rule represents.

I don't see this as an unreasonable rule especially for such a unique character.

Anyways my two bits.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Exactly!
And just to apply logic, if you have ignored a wound it's pretty hard to argue that you have suffered it.
That's just nonsense. I can still have suffered a tooth knocked out in a fight but ignore it and carry on throwing punches.

Fluff wise there is no issue. It's like the old film scene where the big baddy realises the weedy hero has split his lip. He just tastes the blood and carries on throwing him through balsa wood furniture. He still suffered the wound but it just pissed him off. The same with lemartes.

RAW wise it couldn't be clearer IMO.

1. He sufferes an unsaved wound.
2. Fury unbound and FNP kick in.

Unless anybody can come up with somewhere in the rules for fury unbound that say it kicks in after FNP then you get both.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Arg. Arg. One of the FAQs has a question that deals with the idea that FNP rolls negate the "unsaved woundness" or unsaved wounds, or that it doesn't. So, if anyone was really curious, and didn't feel like waiting for someone who remembers where they read the answer, and FAQ trawl would give you a precedent.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't understand being upset that someone shot at you. You're 9 foot tall, wearing combat gear and running through a battlefield with a bunch of crazed loonies. Everything within range is shooting at him and he's just now getting upset?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I don't understand being upset that someone shot at you. You're 9 foot tall, wearing combat gear and running through a battlefield with a bunch of crazed loonies. Everything within range is shooting at him and he's just now getting upset?
that's completely irrelevant though. what does this have to do with rules? Doesn't matter how it happens but the fact that it does happen and how it happens through the rules are what's important. if you can back that up with solid rules referencing then great.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just walk away from this, Lucio. He already slammed me for offering my opinion of the fluff.

He'll not only tell you your opinion isn't welcome here, he'll add insult to his post as well.

It's better to ignore such people.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
And it is probably better if some got it through their heads that this is a thread regarding rules, in the rules subforum.

No where in that original post is it being asked how the fluff should make the situation/rules make sense.

This is a rules question, and to my knowledge fluff has very little sway in the way the actual rules work.

By the way, put in your place? Told your opinion is not welcome here? Add insult to his post? Please for the love of all things show us where Lord Reevan did any of those things because beyond telling you exactly what I said above in my post, that this is a rules thread and fluff has no place here, I can not for the life of me find it.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I am not trying to offend people here. That was never my intent with any of my posts in this thread. If you took them as insulting then I apologize but they were not meant to be insults. In fact referring to me as "such people" is an insult in itself. I'm just trying to find the actual way this thing works with the rules. It doesn't make much sense if you think of it logically but that's sci fi for you :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
No prob Dark Reever. If you want to discourage posting, its your right to do so.

My opinion is that is a flawed thing to want to do on a public forum, but again no one wants to hear an opinion from me anymore.

Anyways, I think I'll make good use of this thread to take the time to thank Jezlad, Wolf Lord Skoll, Bananna King, and DeathKlokk for being who they are.
Without you folks, I wouldn't have enjoyed my time here. Perhaps I'll have the opportunity to chat with you guys elsewhere. I'd send each of you a thank you PM, but I'm not sure it will actually make it to you once the account is deleted.

No offense to any of the above mentioned people, but I just don't feel my opinions are welcome here anymore.

I'm not leaving mad, just leaving.

Take care guys.

Sean

·
Registered
24 Posts
Okay Might aswell start with the OP's question. to quote my m8 Trget

''However, I do understand the argument you make, but it breaks down the game completely like this (assuming that we follow the interpretation that he gains the benefits of suffering a wound before FnP kicks in):

* Casualty removal (single wound models that take unsaved wound, and multi-woud models that are reduced to zero wounds) would be triggered at the exact same time FnP is triggered, rendering the ability useless.
* Through some shoddy wording of the FnP rule, you could also argue that the model keeps the unsaved wound but keeps on fighting with an unsaved wound, which would mean that whenever he's required to take saves of any sort, he'd automatically already have an unsaved wound causing him to then be removed as a casualty (or in the case of multi-wound models lose a wound, but they'd keep losing wounds after every save taken cumulatively). This time he'd also not receive the benefit of FnP as he's not taken an "unsaved wound", he already has it.
* The above two arguments can also be merged, with the result that FnP on multi-wound models is redundant. (The model would lose a wound from the unsaved wound, and then also have FnP triggered at the exact same time meaning he ignores the unsaved wound but not the lost wound.)

These two interpretation are the main reason that you'd need FnP triggering immediately after saves, but before any other abilities/rules that rely on unsaved wounds.''

Kwl question solved , now on to the fun stuff.

Just walk away from this, Lucio. He already slammed me for offering my opinion of the fluff.

He'll not only tell you your opinion isn't welcome here, he'll add insult to his post as well.

It's better to ignore such people.
Are you for Real m8? , I mean even your Above post highlights your own Ignorence ''my opinion of the fluff. '' err this is a rules forum , you know the things in the rulebook? rules? fluff disscussion is found in the ''backround '' section. Lord reevan didnt ''slam'' you he just pointed out (in a way nicer and respectful manner than me) your Ignorance.

He didnt insult you? again google ''Ignorance'' tnks.

And it is probably better if some got it through their heads that this is a thread regarding rules, in the rules subforum.

No where in that original post is it being asked how the fluff should make the situation/rules make sense.

This is a rules question, and to my knowledge fluff has very little sway in the way the actual rules work.

By the way, put in your place? Told your opinion is not welcome here? Add insult to his post? Please for the love of all things show us where Lord Reevan did any of those things because beyond telling you exactly what I said above in my post, that this is a rules thread and fluff has no place here, I can not for the life of me find it.
QFT.

No prob Dark Reever. If you want to discourage posting, its your right to do so.

My opinion is that is a flawed thing to want to do on a public forum, but again no one wants to hear an opinion from me anymore.

Anyways, I think I'll make good use of this thread to take the time to thank Jezlad, Wolf Lord Skoll, Bananna King, and DeathKlokk for being who they are.
Without you folks, I wouldn't have enjoyed my time here. Perhaps I'll have the opportunity to chat with you guys elsewhere. I'd send each of you a thank you PM, but I'm not sure it will actually make it to you once the account is deleted.

No offense to any of the above mentioned people, but I just don't feel my opinions are welcome here anymore.

I'm not leaving mad, just leaving.

Take care guys.

Sean
Firstly LOL that was the best Internet pout Iv witnessed in while bravo.

Dark reever didnt discourage posting he Just pointed out that you were acting like a moron (again in a nicer way than I will , im the black sheep).

So what did we learn today ppl?

1: we worked out how ''fury unbound '' works !

2: we learned to always read the the thread section so we can reply with a RELEVANT post.

3: Internet pouting isnt kwl.

Have a gd evening ,
Farseer Dave.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If that's so why doesn't Kharn have FNP?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts